Lt. Commander
# 31
02-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
There was never a known Undine dog standing in the capitol of the Empire like that fake Vulcan stood on ESD for over a year even after doing that mission. (pre-rework of that lol)
As opposed the the KDF officers letting an Undine NOT IN DISGUISE run past them EVERY TIME for over a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
If i'm not mistaken, it was the Federation that started the war because the Klingon Empire cleaned out the Undine from the Gorn Hegmony,
WRONG! The war started becuase the klingons invaded a federation colony after invoking some ancient claim as if something like that means everyone living in the area for the 100 years since can just pack up in move becuase the Klingons says so.

Whhy do people still keep saying that the invasion of the Gorn homeworld was the reason for the war, all that happened that the Khitimor Accords were dropped again.

Yes the Devs took the same storyline from DS9 and just changed two of the group from it and streched the timeline a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
This old thing again?
  • If you feel that the war is stale.
  • If you feel that the conflict makes no sense.
  • If you feel that the war is un-Trek-like (despite the UFP having engaged in two previous wars against the Empire, despite the Federation-Cardassian War, despite the Dominion War, despite the cold wars between the all the Galactic powers pretty much ensuring that war and conflict have been omnipresent through all eras of Trek).
  • If you feel that the two tiers/ranks of storyline content do not justify the inclusion of the war..

Don't just argue to abandon the war, argue to heat it up. Demand that the war be expanded. Demand that we get storyline PvE on both sides exploring the multitude of reasons why both sides feel justified, as no war is ever fought for just one reason. Demand that the war be made a central focus of missions through every tier, not just the first two. Demand that we get to fight the battles, defend the planets, rescue Prisoners of War, scout out enemy strongholds, and wage campaigns to turn the tide.

Demand more content, not less. Demand more and better justifications for the war, not a halfhearted and thrown together end to it. Demand a better game, not a worse one.
Or how about not doing the war becuase its just a rehash of seaon 4 of DS9, and DS9 did it better.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
As opposed the the KDF officers letting an Undine NOT IN DISGUISE run past them EVERY TIME for over a year.
Thats after the Undine, disguised as a Klingon, stopped and gave the order to kill the StarFleet players and then ran off to escape.
Did you not think the Devs let him be seen as the Undine during the escape sequence to help the Players immersion into the scene?

On a general note;
Why not take the war away from the KDF? Its not like almost everything else we had and enjoyed has been slowly weedled away from us. Why not end pretty much the only reason for our existance in STO?
We don't actually have an series of expansion based conquest missions to reflect our suppossed war and conquest of systems that started the war.
We don't have any House and House against the Council intrique over the war and why it is in the game.
We don't Hve any patrol issions to keep the newly conquered systems under control when the have an uprising.
Its not like teh Devs are doing anything with the war or the KDF for that matter. They damned sure aren't pushing the war backstory on the fedside so it makes sense for the feds.

So lets put the last bullet into the ridged head of the KDF, let it bleed out upon the floor and hang a sign on where it used to be;

" Here is the mighty Klingon Empire, dead due to fedwhine. "

Or we could hold the Devs responsible for not doing a damned thing with the storyline they wrote.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-23-2012, 09:51 AM
You might want to change the name of the thread to omit the word "petition" as those are not allowed.

To the subject of the thread, I would like to see peace restored between the Federation and our Honorable adversaries of the Klingon Empire but unfortunately until the Iconians step out of the shadows and attack us all in force, there most likely will be no peace.

I'm going to state this here Myself and some others whom I won't name with in Starfleet are convinced that the entire Federation leadership including the President have most likely been replaced with Undine infiltrators and as long as the "Foul shapeshifters" (as the Klingons Accurately put it) are in control of the Federation we cannot have peace, Hopefully We can muster enough support to remove them from power eventually and restore semi-peaceful relations with all of the other Alpha Quadrant powers.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johneagle View Post
I was role playing to bring it up for discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
1) Petitions aren't allowed
2) Cryptic doesn't have the resources
3) cryptic would look at this as dissent and hid this thread in the kdf forum so that nobody could see

The war is poorly implemented. They could have easily fixed it years ago but Cstore stuff was more important.
And this is in the wrong forum anyway ontop of this haha.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
The Undine could, with a realistic story line, slaughter whole civilizations in record time. Allied with the Dominion, more so. Think about it. They can take any form in moments. They are lethal with both melee attacks and energy weapons. The way they are portrayed as manipultors is nothing compared to what they could do destroying whole populations just shape changing and killing.

"We must all hang together or we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Klingon and Federation unite. There will be plenty of opportunity to stab each other in the back and return to petty differences when the mutual threat is abated.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
[quote=Roach;4043878]
Quote:
Thats after the Undine, disguised as a Klingon, stopped and gave the order to kill the StarFleet players and then ran off to escape.
No thats the remastered version. I'm talking about the original version where after you fight the Undine he runs down the hill past several squads of Klingons in his Undine form and they are totally oblivious to it.

Quote:
Did you not think the Devs let him be seen as the Undine during the escape sequence to help the Players immersion into the scene?
No I just figured it was another example of how since Klingons got the ridges and the honor obsession their intelligence seemed to drop for some reason.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Let me see if I can define some of the problems with the “War” that we have today:

1. There is no way to take or hold any enemy territory in space. Cryptic has hinted at a territory control game, but it still happened.

2. I can not attack either side in sector space unless they allow me to attack them. This is really makes the war unrealistic. The PvP that you can do seems to be more like skirmishes with no strategic value. You could get the same thing with rouge Klingon houses challenging the Federation.

3. I can’t see the Klingons halting the war and allying with the feds against the Dominion or the Borg. For a proud warlike race his is very un-Klingon.

4. I can’t see the Klingons being allowed on DS9 to get superior equipment (STFs) that will be used against the Federation (FvK).

Cryptic needs to give us a real war or declare peace because there is a lot more peace right now then war. I would like to see a war where my fleet and I can take a Klingon planet and defend it from counterattack. You could make great use of space and ground combat. I am getting excited just thinking of the possibilities. Hopefully this thread will send a message to Crypic and tell them what we want. I WANT A REAL WAR.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-23-2012, 03:43 PM
[In a blur he unholsters the [Petition Control Dual Pistols of Epicosity Mk XIV], and shoots numerous bolts devastating the thread!]

Petition threads are not allowed and thus, this thread had to be put down.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread without a petition to discuss the topic!

Cheers,

Alecto
Closed Thread