Lt. Commander
Well when I try to log in and click on Log in i get a message your cryptic application has crashed. I dont get to any patch screen at all. I have had no changes to windows or any other software on the pc from the last time it worked. I can report that the last successful time I played it was very very very laggy. But i dont have any firewall set up and ive restarted, ive used the steam version and normal version and uninstalled both and reinstalled both. Im a computer system engineer and done everything on my pc end.

This has been going on for over a week and I just want it fixed. Sad thing is I was going start paying again but this happend the day I got some funds.

I hear others are having this problem but dont see any fix or reason why.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Please provide a screenshot of your error message or type it out EXACTLY as it appears on your screen.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 02:23 AM
oops! your Cryptic application has crashed. to help us out please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

I just click log in and i get that.

Ticket ID 13344755
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeath84 View Post
oops! your Cryptic application has crashed. to help us out please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

I just click log in and i get that.

Ticket ID 13344755
Ahha! Okay, so what's going on is most likely related to your firewall software, be it Winblows Firewall or some other 3rd party software. Please make sure you've got an exclusion setup for STO, the file in question you'll want to exclude will be "GameClient.exe" without the quotes. You can also test this out by simply disabling your firewall by right-clicking on the icon in the tray and selecting disable or exit or something like that. Most likely you'll be asked if you want to turn your protection off, just click yes and continue with STO. Chances are it'll work just fine after doing that. In the event that it doesn't, then we're not done, there's other things we can look into.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I do not use a firewall. I dissable it because of this reason for any other game. It was working for a while then one day it stopped working. I have made no changes to the computer or its software or even updates.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
your issue might be related to this thread!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=249567&page=2
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I have installed the game on a laptop and got the same exact issue. My modem and router haven't changed and Ive professionally configured them so also that is not the problem as the game worked 100% on these settings before this issue.

My computer is only a few months old. I have downloaded the game through Steam on my c drive. torrent on my d drive and downloaded through html on my desktop. I have also downloaded and installed on my laptop. both having the same issue. I just click on log in and then the error message. The game worked for me and I was playing it for weeks then about last week i try to log in as per normal and i started to get those messages when everyone else started to get issues too. I dont think its related to my set up, but maybe to the way the game was patched or the route needed to log in from user to the server.

I just hope it gets fixed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 03:49 PM