Lt. Commander
KDF are so far behind on shuttle options, can I suggest that they get to keep their captured runabout from "Second Star to the Right" as an optional mission reward...?

Maybe a choice between the runabout (re-tinted green if need be) and a box containing random shuttle equipment, including the Tetryon Plasma Engines?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Ooorrr...

How about the Feds get their shuttles while the KDF gets a focus on fightercraft? We have the To'Duj, so what about giving us the Orion Interceptor, the Nausicaan Raider (yes, they DO look different, IIRC; check the Foundry), the Gorn Naga, and the Fek'lhri S'Kul? And maybe a few completely NEW ships, like maybe a Bomber/Fighter-Bomber with a special torpedo weapon?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnock01 View Post
Ooorrr...

How about the Feds get their shuttles while the KDF gets a focus on fightercraft? We have the To'Duj, so what about giving us the Orion Interceptor, the Nausicaan Raider (yes, they DO look different, IIRC; check the Foundry), the Gorn Naga, and the Fek'lhri S'Kul? And maybe a few completely NEW ships, like maybe a Bomber/Fighter-Bomber with a special torpedo weapon?
I would love all of those. But it's a lot to ask from one guy.

I just thought maybe the numbers could be evened out just a hare because we at least have a story reason in a mission for why a Klingon would get a Fed shuttle.

Honestly, my preference would be to tweak that mission to use the Peregrine instead and let the KDF capture that since, taking into account IP considerations, the Peregrine has a history of being used by non-Starfleet groups and would feel less weird being handed to Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I would love all of those. But it's a lot to ask from one guy.

I just thought maybe the numbers could be evened out just a hare because we at least have a story reason in a mission for why a Klingon would get a Fed shuttle.

Honestly, my preference would be to tweak that mission to use the Peregrine instead and let the KDF capture that since, taking into account IP considerations, the Peregrine has a history of being used by non-Starfleet groups and would feel less weird being handed to Klingons.
I think the better solution is just to give Klingons access to more fighter craft, rather than giving them for free a C-Store item.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattimus_Prime View Post
I think the better solution is just to give Klingons access to more fighter craft, rather than giving them for free a C-Store item.
Those would have to be designed, which is why I think that's a bad short-term solution.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 02:19 PM
+1 Support to ideas

An idea, Klingon Raiders Transport:
Crew: 35
Turn rate: 13
Impulse modifier: .15
Hull: 7000
Boffs: 2 Ensign universal
Console Slots: 1 Tac 1 Engi 1Sci
Device slots: 2
Special Ability: Raiding Party (Version of Boading Party)

Visual: Since they used the Klingon Troop Transport from the shows as the Freighters, why not a shrunk down version for the Raider Transport? Or perhaps some KDF love and the antique Klingon Transport from Enterprise?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
KDF are so far behind on shuttle options, can I suggest that they get to keep their captured runabout from "Second Star to the Right" as an optional mission reward...?

Maybe a choice between the runabout (re-tinted green if need be) and a box containing random shuttle equipment, including the Tetryon Plasma Engines?
Maybe they could do some cross faction shuttles/fighters like a Feringi pretty sure they just sell their tech.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Those would have to be designed, which is why I think that's a bad short-term solution.
I understand that, but in the long term it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. After all, they go through the effort of designing and scripting these many, many fed shuttles, why not devote a little of that energy to the Klinks?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
adding yet more shuttle spam.

At the moment theres is 1 shuttle mission in the entire game (yes soon to be 2 but still)

I would rathert they spend time creating either shuttle only pvp queues/fa's(maybe special ones)
and then add some more kdf shuttles/fighters