Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2012, 06:58 PM
I've used my B'rel Retro for all sorts, PVP it can be great.

As already stated PvP you need to pick and choose your targets.

I've recently been trying out an all torp config in STFs with my guild mates, and it worked a lot better than I expected. A friend has been using an all energy weapon config and can strip shields very fast, I follow him and drop a HYT3 plasma, Tricobalt and Breen cluster (last one for over kill as I'm a sick puppy )

We were all amazed at how much damage I can spike in 1 go with that config. Also have Bio-N to alt fire with my Tricobalt (30 sec global cooldown so 30 sec refire as opposed to 1 min for 1 device) and use plasma and breen on the rear as well. This is really good as you do not have to drop from cloak at all so never become a target, but it does rely on others taking shields down first.

With the right skills, and concentration, you can do almost* anything in the B'rel Retro.

* = Except tank of course
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2012, 11:24 PM
How much shield can you strip off with something like THY 3 Quantum torpedos? I would imagine following up something like that with a Bioneural might be enough for some targets.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2012, 12:03 AM
I have not used my B'Rel retro in a while, but the major issues with it were its comparatively weak HP (compared to other General-level BoPs), the "fire-while-cloaked" just adding to the problem (as you now have no shields, either!)...have any of these issues been addressed? Like, at all? Since the B'Rel retro is practically the only B'Rel left in the game now (I think), I feel a tad nostalgic, lol...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
I have not used my B'Rel retro in a while, but the major issues with it were its comparatively weak HP (compared to other General-level BoPs), the "fire-while-cloaked" just adding to the problem (as you now have no shields, either!)...have any of these issues been addressed? Like, at all? Since the B'Rel retro is practically the only B'Rel left in the game now (I think), I feel a tad nostalgic, lol...
To overcome your fire-while -cloaked-no-shields issue use your shield buffs as soon as you decloak to raise them quickly and get those resists up. Using your Hull buffs to stay alive and resist after you re-claok.
As a true Pop-in shoot BoP it is without peer.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
I've used my B'rel Retro for all sorts, PVP it can be great.

As already stated PvP you need to pick and choose your targets.

I've recently been trying out an all torp config in STFs with my guild mates, and it worked a lot better than I expected. A friend has been using an all energy weapon config and can strip shields very fast, I follow him and drop a HYT3 plasma, Tricobalt and Breen cluster (last one for over kill as I'm a sick puppy )

We were all amazed at how much damage I can spike in 1 go with that config. Also have Bio-N to alt fire with my Tricobalt (30 sec global cooldown so 30 sec refire as opposed to 1 min for 1 device) and use plasma and breen on the rear as well. This is really good as you do not have to drop from cloak at all so never become a target, but it does rely on others taking shields down first.

With the right skills, and concentration, you can do almost* anything in the B'rel Retro.

* = Except tank of course
Just want to pop in and say that this build is pure WIN.

I used THY Quantums, followed by the Breen Cluster, followed by Bioneural (plus the Trico for reduced cooldown).

The only thing I couldn't pop solo was one of those ugly tri-nacelled enterprise abominations flown by a good player.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
All Torp B'rels rock.
I curently use a Scitoon with Bio-N, Chroniton, Quatum and RF Trans fore
Breen and Plasma aft.
I find it quite fun.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Just want to pop in and say that this build is pure WIN.

I used THY Quantums, followed by the Breen Cluster, followed by Bioneural (plus the Trico for reduced cooldown).

The only thing I couldn't pop solo was one of those ugly tri-nacelled enterprise abominations flown by a good player.
Glad you like it

Torp boats are not for everyone, but they are really good fun when you get the hang of them.

Another thing I tried was using a single mine launcher on the rear with the Breen Cluster Torp, that was quite good as well, HYT3 Quant or Plasma + Breen + Tri (or Bio-N) on the way in and DPA mines + rear torp or Breen on the way out. Its just getting the hang of the timing if you using Breen front and rear.

Edit;

Also I have been messing about with the Aceton Assimilator and the turrets you can deploy, mixed with a mine launcher you can be a real pest between damage spikes.

You can drop an Aceton module, a turret and mines under someone without that 3 second de-cloak, its not much damage but it really annoys people and from my testing seems to cause them to use up BFAW / CSV and the Torp spreads - thus setting off any global cool downs they have
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-25-2012, 07:36 AM
I still prefer the Hegh'ta over the retrofit B'rel (as far as PvE and PvP goes)

Retrofit B'rel still has the problem of fully decloaking for 3 seconds instead of just "visually revealing where it is" when it fires. That's how the original prototype behaved in Star Trek VI and that's exactly how it should behave in game.

When you see where it is, just scan for it and take it down as fast as it usually goes... which is pretty fast.

I still play it... Just for fun. I'm not even expecting to perform with it but here's my setup (very crude)

Weaponry:

Fore: Quad and Dual Cannons (auto fire), 2x Plasma Torp Launcher (manual)
Aft: 2x Plasma Mine Launcher (auto fire)

Tachyon Deflector (preferably with Stealth bonuses)
Combat Impulse Engine
Reman Covarian Shield (purely for looks caus you really could go without one)

Eng Consoles: 2x Aux Power, Aceton Assimilator
Science Consoles: 3x Stealth
Tactical Consoles: 3x Plasma Projectile Damage

Suggested Powers:
(Tactical)
High Yield Torpedo (at least 2 for 15 sec cooldown)
Torpedo Spread
Mine Dispersal

(Engineering)
Engineering Team
Emergency Power to Auxiliary

(Science)
Hazard Emitters
Gravity Well

Suggested Power Attribution:
50 Weapons (you won't be using 'em much anyway)
25 Shields (they're not on while you're cloaked)
25 Engines (the engines don't really need more)
100 Auxiliary (you need it for cloaking and science powers)

Suggested tactics:

Heavy Plasma Torpedoes: they're easy to counter so you need to be bold... launch 'em from about 3km of your target. It's 100% sure you'll get hit too... bad... but you're smart... you know when the damage is comming, they dont. Use Brace for Impact liberally In case your own plasma procs on you, remove it fast with the Hazard Emitters

Plasma Torpedo Spread: that's pretty much a guaranteed plasma proc on your designated target... the rest is collateral.

Mines: pretty much fire and forget... you never decloak when they deploy so, no worries. Use a tactical officer's mine deployment powers when you're close to your target.

Overall gameplay: Take your time, you're there to harass your target... leaving dozens of mines helps protect an objective in Capture scenarios. If you're in an arena, take advantage of the ongoing skirmish to pick a weak target and deliver the killing blow with a surprise torp attack.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthaar
I

Weaponry:

Fore: Quad and Dual Cannons (auto fire), 2x Plasma Torp Launcher (manual)

Tachyon Deflector (preferably with Stealth bonuses)
Combat Impulse Engine
Reman Covarian Shield (purely for looks caus you really could go without one)

Eng Consoles: 2x Aux Power, Aceton Assimilator
Science Consoles: 3x Stealth
Tactical Consoles: 3x Plasma Projectile Damage

Suggested Powers:
(Tactical)
High Yield Torpedo (at least 2 for 15 sec cooldown)
Torpedo Spread
Mine Dispersal

(Engineering)
Engineering Team
Emergency Power to Auxiliary

(Science)
Hazard Emitters
Gravity Well

Suggested Power Attribution:
50 Weapons (you won't be using 'em much anyway)
25 Shields (they're not on while you're cloaked)
25 Engines (the engines don't really need more)
100 Auxiliary (you need it for cloaking and science powers)

Suggested tactics:

Heavy Plasma Torpedoes: they're easy to counter so you need to be bold... launch 'em from about 3km of your target. It's 100% sure you'll get hit too... bad... but you're smart... you know when the damage is comming, they dont. Use Brace for Impact liberally In case your own plasma procs on you, remove it fast with the Hazard Emitters

Plasma Torpedo Spread: that's pretty much a guaranteed plasma proc on your designated target... the rest is collateral.

Mines: pretty much fire and forget... you never decloak when they deploy so, no worries. Use a tactical officer's mine deployment powers when you're close to your target.

Overall gameplay: Take your time, you're there to harass your target... leaving dozens of mines helps protect an objective in Capture scenarios. If you're in an arena, take advantage of the ongoing skirmish to pick a weak target and deliver the killing blow with a surprise torp attack.
hmmm, im now playing something similar, but with an tactical officer with full weapons power.
Fore: Dual heavy Cannons (auto fire) 3x, Quantum Torp Launcher (manual)
With these and a little luck im able to strip shields and give him High yield torpedo, after second strike the opponent is dead..
I go with disruptors now, working on polaron setup (nobody in PVP has shields against it.. just a try )

now lvling a sci toon which also gets B'rel, planning on using him with Tykens Rift II or III and/ Tachyon Beam

love being a glass cannon
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Hmm what I'd like to know is is the B'rel refit a better BoP than the Hegh'Ta? By better I mean the more effective one at killing a single target in fewest possible pass with the least likely or fewer times of being killed in the shortest amount of time possible.

There will be HeghTa refit in the future in c-store. But it will be a level 40 ship just like the HeghTa.

Now does the B'rel refit deserve a distinction of being a Lt. General ship(lvl 50 ship) because if the B'rel refit isn't better than a Hegh'Ta then there should be no distinction needed for it to be a lvl 50 ship.