Lt. Commander
Ever since we had our outage a few nights ago, every time I try to play, I get severe lag and rubber banding, to the point that I can't really do much more than doff missions.

I've checked my internet connection, it's running fine, and I'm not having problems with any websites or services, other than STO.

Am I the only one?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a 6MB connection and I was getting the rubber band and lag.....but that was before the last patch. I haven't logged into the game since to play due to a issue with a character of mine which isn't allowing me to play. Does it happen at a particular area or just all the time? Do you know what's running in your background while your playing when the lag happens?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
I can't remember the last time I had lag on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
I have a 6MB connection and I was getting the rubber band and lag.....but that was before the last patch. I haven't logged into the game since to play due to a issue with a character of mine which isn't allowing me to play. Does it happen at a particular area or just all the time? Do you know what's running in your background while your playing when the lag happens?
It seems sporadic, happening about 75% of the time from any map. Nothing is running in the background other than windows, microsoft security essentials, and clear connection manager.

I see no rhyme or reason to this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 07:06 PM
I got disconnected from the game client about 5 times in 15 minutes earlier today
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Does you connection bottom out when your streaming HD movies, netflix or some other heavy load streaming content....maybe your nic is going bad? Other wise I would probably (maybe overkill, but I'm always curious) have a network traffic analyzer see whats getting dropped.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
Does you connection bottom out when your streaming HD movies, netflix or some other heavy load streaming content....maybe your nic is going bad? Other wise I would probably (maybe overkill, but I'm always curious) have a network traffic analyzer see whats getting dropped.
I never stream video in HD, since my internet connection is a dongle shared between 3 other pc's, I download the full video before I watch, in case someone else needs the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
My laptop's hard drive have been wiped out yesterday. The strange thing, last time I played it before it was wiped, it was on medium graphic. After it was wiped, my laptop was able to let me play on high graphic with out having lag mostly. It was only small lags.