Lt. Commander
# 1 Dilithium Exchange Queue?
02-21-2012, 08:12 PM
How does the dilithium exchange work if you place a buy order at a lower price than is currently available, or sell at a higher price than is currently available? Is it some kind of queue system where orders are filled in the order they were placed as counterparties fill them? Or is it random whether your order will be filled versus some other person's order at the same price?

If it is a queue, is there any way to determine where you are in the queue for that price? If not, I wish this feature would be implemented...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 08:16 PM
usually that means that if your trying to underbid/oversell you have to wait until someone actually posts a buy/sell bid matching your's. so if your trying to buy at 50 and sell at 400 when the joing price is 200-220 you wont be seeing anything sell for you for a long time

as for if your selling the same price as someone else, i believe the smaller of the orders gets filled first then move onto the next smallest, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
as for if your selling the same price as someone else, i believe the smaller of the orders gets filled first then move onto the next smallest, etc.
I don't think that can be right because if you look at your history, orders are sold in fractions, i.e. they can be sold even 1 c-point at a time. But they tend to all be sold around the same time, which tends to indicate some sort of queue system.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctornex
I don't think that can be right because if you look at your history, orders are sold in fractions, i.e. they can be sold even 1 c-point at a time. But they tend to all be sold around the same time, which tends to indicate some sort of queue system.
I think it picks the oldest offer for the price you asked to buy/sell for.

All the talk about "you set the minimum selling/maximum buying price and can even make more/pay less if there are lower/higher offers available" is void - because why should I ask to buy at 300 if the highest selling offer is 218?
It might come into play if you ask for 2000 cp at 218 and there are only 1500 cp available at this price - then: do you pay 218 for the next 500 cp offered for actually 217? Does the seller get paid higher or do you buy for less?