Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Never mind about hearing that great lady's voice in the game, d'you think we might get to hear Spock singing Bilbooooo, Bilbo Baggins..... as we're flying through space?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamshark View Post
Never mind about hearing that great lady's voice in the game, d'you think we might get to hear Spock singing Bilbooooo, Bilbo Baggins..... as we're flying through space?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

Dont hijack my Majel thread :p

Majels day.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
Dont hijack my Majel thread :p

Majels day.
Yeah - Sorry

Will this do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuodlFsfosA

Although I'm having a bit of trouble working out if this Engineering or Ten-Forward
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah - Sorry

Will this do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuodlFsfosA

Although I'm having a bit of trouble working out if this Engineering or Ten-Forward
THAT will do nicely. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Most of you are probably too young to remember the first lady of Trek debut to the Star Trek series, but I will always remember her as the true:

#1 of the Starship Enterprise

According to Gene Roddenberry and Stephen Whitfield, the prominence of a woman among the crew of a starship was one of the reasons that the original Star Trek pilot was rejected by NBC, who, in addition to calling the pilot "too cerebral", felt that the alien Spock and a female senior officer would be rejected by audiences, <---Those were the 60's for yah.

She was the first onscreen commander of the Star Ship Enterprise - Its too bad that the times did not coincide with Gene's vision of the future.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
She was the first onscreen commander of the Star Ship Enterprise - Its too bad that the times did not coincide with Gene's vision of the future.
Really? Commander (onscreen)?

What rank etc etc? I was always under the impression she always played an underling-type of some kind along with Diana Muldaur (Dr Pulaski TNG). I thought Uhura was the only one to hold any position of "power" as it were.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Really? Commander (onscreen)?

What rank etc etc? I was always under the impression she always played an underling-type of some kind along with Diana Muldaur (Dr Pulaski TNG). I thought Uhura was the only one to hold any position of "power" as it were.
Yes. In the first pilot of TOS she played the first officer, credited as Number One I think - after the TV bosses of that time ... I am not repeating everything which has been written a few posts before ... ;o)
She staid as Nurse Chapel - your underling - and oh wonder, the alien (Spock) was allowed to stay and to become first officer even! Possibly because he at least presumably has a dingeling needed to be fit for command ...

You might remember the two episodes with Pike - the not to talkative fellow in the wheel box you communicated by beep and beep-beep for yes and no. Spock was under trial for breeching the quarantine of Talos IV. More then half of these two episodes was a recut of the old pilot, in which the Enterprise, then under command of Cpt. Pike., made first contact with the inhabitants of Talos IV.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko
Yes. In the first pilot of TOS she played the first officer, credited as Number One I think - after the TV bosses of that time ... I am not repeating everything which has been written a few posts before ... ;o)
She staid as Nurse Chapel - your underling - and oh wonder, the alien (Spock) was allowed to stay and to become first officer even! Possibly because he at least presumably has a dingeling needed to be fit for command ...

You might remember the two episodes with Pike - the not to talkative fellow in the wheel box you communicated by beep and beep-beep for yes and no. Spock was under trial for breeching the quarantine of Talos IV. More then half of these two episodes was a recut of the old pilot, in which the Enterprise, then under command of Cpt. Pike., made first contact with the inhabitants of Talos IV.
amazing how spock shows such disregard to starfleet and complete loyalty to his former captain when he was in need the most. didnt think vulcans can show such affection and they are usually more frozen over then an ice planet in the middle of its own ice age.

back on topic, i remember the times of nurse chapel, but they didnt stand out as well as Lwaxana Troi though, some really memorable moments on trek where Majel stood out best.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
amazing how spock shows such disregard to starfleet and complete loyalty to his former captain when he was in need the most. didnt think vulcans can show such affection and they are usually more frozen over then an ice planet in the middle of its own ice age.

back on topic, i remember the times of nurse chapel, but they didnt stand out as well as Lwaxana Troi though, some really memorable moments on trek where Majel stood out best.
Half-Vulcan - and even real Vulcans can get heated up - they have emotions, strong ones! They only subdue them - most of the time and more or less successfully.

Yeah, back to topic!
I agree, Chapel was seen on screen more often, yet she had not that much of a ... hm ... stage presence shall we say, that Lwaxana had!