Lt. Commander
# 1 Disconnecting
02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I keep getting disconnected from the game server for no reason. I get the message and the seconds count down and then I lose connection. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 07:23 AM
I was having issues in high traffic areas. Now when I move into SOL I reset my graphics to minimum. Not sure of significance but once I'm actually able to log in and play when I don't do this and try to go to SOL it hangs and never loads; then I get an error in upper right of screen in text not similar to any I've seen in game ; memory low using low quality textures) Something with customization of ships it seems is bogging down their server(s). I'm thinking that since launch of FtP there hasn't been sufficient server upgrades so we're experiencing these issues. If the game didn't run flawlessly at times (notably when I don't see other players around) I would think perhaps something is up with mine or others issues. I know I'm not infected and my system is highly optimized so for out of no where for the game to come to screaching halt... you won't win over new scribers with this service level and may lose existing ones if you don't upgrade your server farm. (or connection but I doubt that's the issue).

I'm making a knock off of this game called StarTrek Offline... where now and then you get kicked offline but the rest of the time you are online (since it seems I've spent more times loading or unable to connecti than playing this game).
Lt. Commander
# 3 The USS *WHAT*?!?
02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
All you've got to do to fix your issues is rename your ship!

You're probably thinking "What the heck is he talking about?"

Just rename your ship the USS DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER! No...it won't fix your problem, but the USS Disconnected From Server was designed with state-of-the-art rubberbanding technology and the finest, mostest highestest quality "give 'em da boot" subsytems known to man.

Because, let's face it, if you're gonna get Disconnected From Server you may as well do it in style!