Lt. Commander
I'm thinking about respec'ing in a couple days and looking to redistribute my skills so that when I'm in my DSSV that I'll be able to survive for a long time on my own as well as be able to provide a lot of support to my team.
Below is the build I'm looking at using. My ships I'll primarily be flying will be the DSSV and the Odyssey until I can get enough c-points to get a LRSV Retrofit. Any advice or critiques at all?

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...seyHealer_1034
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter View Post
I'm thinking about respec'ing in a couple days and looking to redistribute my skills so that when I'm in my DSSV that I'll be able to survive for a long time on my own as well as be able to provide a lot of support to my team.
Below is the build I'm looking at using. My ships I'll primarily be flying will be the DSSV and the Odyssey until I can get enough c-points to get a LRSV Retrofit. Any advice or critiques at all?

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...seyHealer_1034
Are you thinking of Elite STFs?

I can give you some support advice for the Odyssey, I havent tried to run a healer with a science ship.

I personally try to avoid running more than two Team abilities because of the internal cooldown will almost always be active on 1.

For the Odyssey I would try a more Engineer with Science Linked abilities. Like.
Lt. Commander: EPtA; AtSIF; EPtS3
Lt Tact: FaW1; BO1
Commander Engineer: EPtS1; AtSIF; ET3: ES3
Lt. Science ST1; TSS2
Ensign Science: HE1

And what I mean but linked, EPtA and AtSIF and ST1 and TSS2 all work in the same chain (meaning you want to use one directly after the other) The Odyssey does have a high Aux. setting to beginng with so I feel anything higher than EPtA2 is overkill. DEM is really only effective with cannons, so you won't see a DPS loss without it,
AtSIF share a cooldown together, but not with anything else. The heal from this also gives a nice Damage Resistance buff which can save someone's life.
ES3 is effective based on shield setting. When you need to heal someone, pop EPtS3 and ES3 at the same time for the biggest heal in game.

You dont have any points in threat control and unless you are the first person hitting something with FaW, you shouldn't draw too much aggro.

It's hard to use a LT Com Science because of that Ensign slot, thus making basically every science heal on that 15 second internal cooldown no matter what you try to do. The Unviseral Ensign slot will make a science support odyssey much more manageable because then you can add an Ensign Engineer to even things out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Why would I need to use EPtA when I could just switch my power setting to a full aux setting an then throw off AtSIF? Couldn't I use that Ensign engineer ability from the LCDR universal for something like EPtW to do a bit more damage when I'm not healing? With 2 EPtS running, I can chain those to constantly have an EPtS up every 30 seconds so I should really just have to switch between full weapons power setting when attacking normally and then a full aux setting when throwing off an APtS or ST1 and TSS. I don't really see the need for EPtA at all. This is how I run my DSSV all the time. I sit in full Aux, throw a GW off, switch to full weapons power and attack, switch to full aux if I need to heal myself or throw off another GW or TR, rinse and repeat. It works well because I have 2 MK X EPS consoles on my boat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter View Post
Why would I need to use EPtA when I could just switch my power setting to a full aux setting an then throw off AtSIF? Couldn't I use that Ensign engineer ability from the LCDR universal for something like EPtW to do a bit more damage when I'm not healing? With 2 EPtS running, I can chain those to constantly have an EPtS up every 30 seconds so I should really just have to switch between full weapons power setting when attacking normally and then a full aux setting when throwing off an APtS or ST1 and TSS. I don't really see the need for EPtA at all. This is how I run my DSSV all the time. I sit in full Aux, throw a GW off, switch to full weapons power and attack, switch to full aux if I need to heal myself or throw off another GW or TR, rinse and repeat. It works well because I have 2 MK X EPS consoles on my boat.
This is why I asked if you were thinking of doing Elites because it doesn't sound like you are.

Even with EPtWs and switching your power levels back and forth constantly, you aren't going to be able to shell out the constant DPS elites require, so you're better off running full power to Weapons. It's not that big of a deal really, I run full weapons on my Odyssey and with talents + Borg Science + Borg Engineer + Andriod + Captain Traits + Saurian I have 56 power setting in Aux. Even if you only have the traits + talents + Saurain, you should still have close to 50 Aux, and EPtA will keep you where you'll want to be. I just suggest that so that way you can constantly run a chain without getting CD Locked (where the 15 second internal cooldown kicks in)EPtA1 is more than enough for me, again I just gave you advice on what I do with my Odyssey and its effective. I can put up decent hits, survive the tact cube in infected elite, and give off decent heals when need be.

And again, I dont know much about Science ships so I cant give you any advice with them. But for elites, having a dedicated healer is almost a waste since everything is basically designed to one shot us, and in order to make optionals, we're required to just DPS > die > respawn over and over. Even tanking the cube in infected elite, Attack/Aggro > Run out of range > healer yourself > repeat, is the only effective way of tanking without dying unfortunately.