Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
02-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
LOL I love the way some fanboys defend this company.

Maybe if they'd done it right the first time they wouldn't have people annoying them to go back and fix it. But I guess being a dev is a bit like being a weather man, it's the only job where you can consistently get it wrong and still keep your job.

As I said earlier. They had hundreds hours of television and film they could reference for all in game locations and they couldn't get arguably the most iconic one (DS9) correct.
Proved my point there didn't you.

First thing you do is insult me, thanks for that. Forget reason, forget debates, lets go right for an insult to a fellow player.

Lets break this down shall we, for a start I am no ones "fanboy" as I have proven before in countless threads before. Neither am I a "hater" of this game, I look at the game from a reasoned and balanced point of view.

Second, I am a human being, and as I pointed out, lots of people on here, other "human beings", when they finish their days tasks like to relax/play games/partake of a hobby etc..., so we should extend the same privilege to Cryptic employees, who believe it or not are just more humans doing their days grind at work.

Again thanks for being so rude and arrogant the only thing you could do was insult me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
02-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Great point about DS9 not having Odo's security office OR sick bay. Seems like a huge thing to leave out. Foundry authors would probably love to have those two places available for making missions, too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
02-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
What people are requesting here, is a more accurate INTERIOR of Deep Space Nine. Does it matter that the Security Office is virtually "pointless" for the average player? Shall we excuse Club 47 under the same reasoning? We did get some much-welcomed updates to the EXTERIOR of Deep Space Nine. The "purple" background, slightly resized DS9 model etc. But those things are essentially just "fluff". While the more nagging issues like having a canon Infirmary on DS9 (for healing your crew), or Security Office (which could get new missions tied in), go without being worked on. Under the arguement that it's either too hard, or too time consuming to do. What are we paying Cryptic for again?
Quoted for so much truth!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
02-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Sure enough, they added the correct canon mushroom-type starbase. But they also made alot of changes on the Interior of the starbase. Some of it good (Ship Requisitions, New Bank Area, Admiral Quinn's office), and some of which is "fluff" that is rarely if ever used (Club 47, Sickbay, Promotion area/State Room). It bugs me to this day, that the game requires, not one, not two, but THREE loading screens before being able to requisition a new starship, if your entering the Sol system from the Sector block. Drop out of warp near ESD, Enter ESD, Enter Requisitions. Admiral Quinn's office is accessable from the main hub without additional loading. Why not Requisitions?
And let put this way ... is DS9 not recognizable from space? or even inside the station?

Also if you wanna go with canon I would point out Spacedock footage was reused in TNG as its cannot be the same (differences in sizes of the Constitution class and the Galaxy class), I could make exact same point about K-7 were there are people that complain about the fact it does not look exactly as in the series ... never mind the fact K-7 would be a centuries old station.

And as for your point about the Shipyard ... well I agree, I would rather you go to the small station with the spacedocks and use that instead, the "extra" room is because simply put, they have to put something on it.

In fact now I looked at the "old" Spacedock its a shame they are not using it for other Starbases like Starbase 39.

Quote:
What people are requesting here, is a more accurate INTERIOR of Deep Space Nine. Does it matter that the Security Office is virtually "pointless" for the average player?
Yes.

Quote:
Shall we excuse Club 47 under the same reasoning?
Difference, Club 47 have a bar that sells consumables and so have a purpose.

Quote:
We did get some much-welcomed updates to the EXTERIOR of Deep Space Nine. The "purple" background, slightly resized DS9 model etc. But those things are essentially just "fluff". While the more nagging issues like having a canon Infirmary on DS9 (for healing your crew), or Security Office (which could get new missions tied in), go without being worked on. Under the arguement that it's either too hard, or too time consuming to do. What are we paying Cryptic for again?
Let me put this way, we just got some changes to the station, I would rather complain about the Wormhole NOT being updated to be like in the series since I replayed Rapier and its the same old Wormhole and its something I have not done so far, I will if after the Featured Series is over and nothing was done to it.

My point is STO should not try to be "Virtual Voyager" were the purpose is a 1:1 virtual recreation, it also means somethings do have to be let go, as holding on centuries old designs that would be beyond outdated in 2409.

As for Priorities ...I would say there are bigger fishes to fry, like Risa and Andoria that are currently as about as useful as DS9 Security Office, as you brought up Earth Spacedock then I would also bring up this is Star Trek Online and not DS9 Online, many areas in the game are lacking and need work, DS9 is one of the better developed areas of the game, even if "lacking".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
02-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
As for Priorities ...I would say there are bigger fishes to fry, like Risa and Andoria that are currently as about as useful as DS9 Security Office, as you brought up Earth Spacedock then I would also bring up this is Star Trek Online and not DS9 Online, many areas in the game are lacking and need work, DS9 is one of the better developed areas of the game, even if "lacking".
Given that DS9 has become a launching point for the STF's and the latest batch of FE's, it deserves a few overhauls, even if they are cosmetic. People will be spending a lot of time there for that reason, so it should look good to boot. It kind of makes me wonder just what the frak the dev team was doing in that year long content drought. Even if they couldn't push out new stuff, that was the perfect time to go back and fix the bugs in the already released stuff.

And on that note, I really wish I could tell my paying clients "sorry, it's too much work" as much as these guys do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
02-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Things that are helpful/productive:
--Periodically continuing to bring up a point that you believe has not been addressed
--Asking about it when Ask Cryptics come around, or Podcasts ask for questions to ask someone in charge.
--Getting more people behind the movement, so it's not the same voices over and over.--Proposing what you would like to see done (i.e. Security office)
--Proposing things that could be added to make it worth the redo (adding Crafting/Gambling/Whatever)

Things that are not necessarily helpful/productive:
--Multiple threads all filled with the same posts, by the same people
--Pointing out that it should have been done right/differently before this point
--Exaggeration/Hyperbole/etc. (i.e. "Devs obviously don't care at all about the game" etc.)
We (the players) need to create a poll!

www.surveymonkey.com

And its free!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Well, I find that Club 47 -is- fairly useless, aside from being another place to buy food for tribbles or the closest spot to buy that jumja stick for Kirayoshi on Memory Alpha...but hey, it's a nice place. And about the wormhole issue mentioned by f2pdrakron, that will probably be fixed as part of the re...re... what was it again? You know, the thing they did to the Azura mission, the Doomsday Device mission, and plan on doing to every mission in the game? *goes back to wiki AGAIN*

edit: Ah, remastered. *continues previous sentence* That will probably be fixed as part of the Rapier mission's remastering process.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
02-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't say Club 47 is completely useless, I got a free Odyssey from Q there so obviously it's useful for events and suchlike.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
02-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn
Well, I find that Club 47 -is- fairly useless.
It us because of how vendors are still set, you have no reason to visit a specific vendor as their lists are about the same, Club 47 vendors usefulness does not extend beyond some rather basic items you really do not need.

Its not as much as the Club being fairly useless as much as the vendors being fairly useless.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 PM.