Lt. Commander
# 1 Yellowstone Runabout Available
02-24-2012, 11:20 AM
The Yellowstone Runabout can now be found in the C-Store.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 11:32 AM
That shot's much better than the last one. :p

Sold!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Doesn't look much like the yellowstone of what im seeing on various sites.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Yellowstone_class

I take it they went with a design they wanted rather than what was referenced to?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
looks interesting wonder if they plan on useing them as ground props in shuttlebays/ ground maps. looks like it has a high center of gravity
Lt. Commander
# 5 Miniship maps
02-24-2012, 11:37 AM
All these miniships are great... But I bought a delta flyer, then a fighter but there's still nothing to do with them really apart from the Vault. Will there ever be a miniship PVP or more miniship missions generally?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Since I help do Ship Busters over with TIE I got one, it's... not very thrilling as a shuttle. It comes with the option to make it look more like the one we saw in the show, which is basically a Danube. The new engine, while pretty, doesn't seem to proc much, and when it does there's no indication of it on the target ship. Also scorpion fighters flew right through the plasma no prob, they would de-cloak though. I'd say that the engine should have some changes to it, like increasing the duration of the gas, adding a marker to a target when it's been hit by it like every other power has, and maybe add a 25% chance to disable shields for a few seconds, and maybe let us equip it to ships as an engineering console, otherwise it's pretty useless even in PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Doesn't look much like the yellowstone of what im seeing on various sites.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Yellowstone_class

I take it they went with a design they wanted rather than what was referenced to?
If they used what was referenced on screen, it wouldn't look any different than the existing runabouts we have in game. It was all reused footage from DS9, and the Memory Alpha post even cites that there are major inconsistencies with it within the same episode. Further, that episode is from an alternate (aborted?) timeline anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Looks OK, but I still think it was an utter waste of Art&Design Time. They could have spend it on other, more wanted ships like the Sovereign-Refit ...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celendis View Post
If they used what was referenced on screen, it wouldn't look any different than the existing runabouts we have in game. It was all reused footage from DS9, and the Memory Alpha post even cites that there are major inconsistencies with it within the same episode. Further, that episode is from an alternate (aborted?) timeline anyway.
You have a point but still makes you wonder why make it in the first place due to lack of shuttle/runabout/small ship, events or missions or anything that forces a requirement of a small ship.

In regards to the design. It looks ok i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
You have a point but still makes you wonder why make it in the first place due to lack of shuttle/runabout/small ship, events or missions or anything that forces a requirement of a small ship.
I believe you'll have your answer to that one tomorrow.

I'm among those who already has more shuttles than he can handle (all of the Federation shuttles to date, minus the Vulcan one), so I don't think I'll be picking this up.