Lt. Commander
# 111
02-24-2012, 10:39 AM
You don't have any idea why the downloads are slowed. For years they've managed to deploy patches without load related slow-downs. It is easy to imagine a host of scenarios why today is slow, but without any update from Cryptic you can insert whatever bit of fiction suits your prejudice. I might prefer to imagine Tayler Swift is currently being amorously pressed against the fiber distribution cabinet by the head developer. That does seem more entertaining...

However, an update would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
I want to give you guys more money, I really do........but you've got to do better than this.

You've got a month until I decide if I want to abandon the game I'm playing for this one. Things like this........not helping your case.
Lt. Commander
# 113 Its a joke
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Taking over 2 hours now to download a patch, what makes ya think im gona spend money a shuttle that will have little use i could give it to the klongons i suppose sure they would blow it up.

taking foreva to download this patch get those wiz kids on the server and crank it up or stop using the old 486 thing to share the patch grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGamma View Post
That is one heck of a deceptive screen. The problem is, the numbers above and below don't actually relate to each other. From what I and others have been able to work out:

Top row contains the size of existing files that have been/need to be patched.
Bottom row contains the amount downloaded (including new files, which are excluded from the "to be patched" total).
The percentage is actually just the ratio of existing completed/total filesizes from the top line.

So any one of the following could be happening:

- Patching a new file. (In which case, the bottom filesize goes up, but top completed filesize stays the same.)
- Patching an existing file. (The percentage, total complete, and received will go up.)
- Analysing a file. (This is what can take the time, as it has to open the file, check if it needs updating, etc. There will be a long gap sometimes where nothing seems to happen.)
- Deciding a file doesn't need updating. (The total patched will go up quickly without the downloaded size going up.)

It's got some fairly large files (voiceovers, graphics, Steam integration, etc) to deal with, too, so that slows it down.

There also seems to be some sort of memory leak - currently I'm staring at my memory usage in Task Manager, at 98.1% patched, and the memory usage is currently at 405.5MB and counting.
yeah i see what you mean

mines at patched 62.3mb / 76mb
recieved 34.4mb - 81%

the recieved keeps going up very slowly but the percent and the 62.3mb hasnt moved in a very long time
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Mine gets to 97% Complete, then it Crashes.

Every time.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Nice Work!! Pitty about there still being so many fixes for Fluff Item from c-store & a new ship when the game has so many Major Bugs Still.

One of the annoying ones is poor timing of cooldowns hen abilities are activated split seconds before one shot kills, (eg using fleet support 0.200 seconds before a Big Boom! & then it goes on 15 min cooldown and never used it as i died)

and about 50 more major problems.

Still good work i guess.
Closed Thread