Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about Shuttle Gear.
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM
I notice Shuttle Gear has an - S designation in its description.

Can a shuttle use regular ship gear without that - S in the description and vice versa?

Can shuttle Gear be fitted on a a regular Ship?

I have heard of people putting sets on a shuttle (Borg Retrofit, or Breen).

If you can freely interchange without regard for the -S designation would there be some kind of nerf penalty for using it on the wrong ship type?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
You can equip regular equipment on shuttles, but not the other way around.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Shuttles can use regular gear but they sometimes lose some of their special properties. For example, shuttle phasers shoot 360 degrees while regular phasers only shoot 270. I never tried Shuttle gear on a ship so I can't answer the second question.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Shuttles can use regular gear but they sometimes lose some of their special properties. For example, shuttle phasers shoot 360 degrees while regular phasers only shoot 270. I never tried Shuttle gear on a ship so I can't answer the second question.
Weapons might be an issue, but other type of equipment can obviously make a big difference. The Borg, or Breen Set for instance.

I think many people are being scammed when they buy those new shuttle engines from the Exchange that were just added to the C-Store.

I am thinking many people buying them assume they can use the special engine on their regular ships.

I bought the shuttle myself as other have been doing and sold the engine for close to 15 million figuring they will drop in price to arround 7 million, or less and I could buy it back cheap.

The answers here suggest I should just forget it unless I get it for a million since I had planned to use a set on my shuttle anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I believe the Cryptic Devs have been buying the engines from the C-Store, as they changed the shuttle so that the engine is bound now.

As for whether or not it's better, as someone who does Small Craft Fleet missions and PvP I can see the benefits of that engine. It's a nice little perk for those who like to play in Small Craft - and I'm sure it comes in handy in the Vault and in tomorrow's mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
I believe the Cryptic Devs have been buying the engines from the C-Store, as they changed the shuttle so that the engine is bound now.

As for whether or not it's better, as someone who does Small Craft Fleet missions and PvP I can see the benefits of that engine. It's a nice little perk for those who like to play in Small Craft - and I'm sure it comes in handy in the Vault and in tomorrow's mission.
I am sure it will, but consider the Breen Set on a shuttle with that Tractor Beam ability.

Add in that Transphasic Cluster Torpedo (+30% damage).

In any event the engine with the shuttle costs 400 CP.

People have been paying 900 CP for 10 keys and selling them for 900K each (9 Million).

Bottom line is those engines are worth at best 7 million right now if you do the math.

Again I am thinking many people who have bought one off the exchange think they can use it on their regular ship and they cannot. I myself was not sure when I sold the one I bought.

I noticed it was not a bound item. Interesting idea that the developers are buying them. I don't think so though. They could just as easily correct it in a patch.

They may have actually left it off it on purpose to stimulate the game economy.

It is definately a CP sink and that is where they make their cash.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Again I am thinking many people who have bought one off the exchange think they can use it on their regular ship and they cannot. I myself was not sure when I sold the one I bought.
I honestly don't think that's the case. I think people just have a lot more ECs then they do $. 14 million EC is really nothing to many players. I personally have over 150 million EC on my alts. If I didn't want to spend $5.00 on the shuttle just to get the engine then blowing useless ECs is fine with me - not to mention that I have over 1.3 million Dilithium at this time and could easily just buy CPs with that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
I honestly don't think that's the case. I think people just have a lot more ECs then they do $. 14 million EC is really nothing to many players. I personally have over 150 million EC on my alts. If I didn't want to spend $5.00 on the shuttle just to get the engine then blowing useless ECs is fine with me - not to mention that I have over 1.3 million Dilithium at this time and could easily just buy CPs with that.
400 CP is a stipend and farming 400 CP using refined dilithium is very easy and quick. Neither method requires spending $5.

I right now after selling that engine have close to 120 million all consolidated on one Alt.

The main reason I jumped at selling the engine was because I am seriously considering buying a Galor.

I don't relish the idea of spending that much on a Galor and having practically no EC left.

I have had enough to buy one for two weeks, but I don't want to make myself broke.

When you consider the cost of the absoute best things on the exchange 120 million EC is not a lot at all.

By selling the engine I leave myself some breathing room if I decide to buy a Galor.

I do play the market on occasion and it takes EC to make EC.

P.S. The vast majority of players likely have 20 million and less.