Lt. Commander
# 1 Shuttle missions
02-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Since the dev missions are so lacking, have any players thought about creating a shuttle series of quests? The mission description could even go as far as to say 'best played with X shuttle' and away team missions could start out where 'your shuttle' has landed at. I've seen shuttle art in the foundry but don't recall if it was actual player shuttle art or simply a basic generic shuttle.

Besides that, if Cryptic isn't going to release lots more shuttle missions maybe we could in the foundry? I would like ANY reason to use mine.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
There is a SF shuttle model in the Foundry (which is a bit too small scaled for my taste) but I don't think there is an alternative to spawning the AT when entering a new map.

However the shuttle can be placed on the map and the AT spawned besides it for create scenarios where beaming is not possible. I am glad we even have that option but of course we'd need a KF too and a "neutral" shuttle (Ferengi springs to my mind) would allow even more scenario ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
I have some plans to eventually make some shuttle focused missions.

The real big problem right now is with the way the enemy groups work. Because the only thing a shuttle can really handle are fighters, you need to use the fighter group, but that spawns about 7 fighters with a single player.

So, you really can only have shuttle missions where you're fighting along side other shuttles and/or ships. I think the best thing would probably be to have an allied ship and a group of allied fighters vs another allied ship and another group of allied fighters. But it still might just not work out...