Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vironica View Post
2) I can't believe I made it to admiral before the game finally stuck me in a random group but anyway, I witnessed roll for loot popup for the first time but when I moused over the loot, there was no details (only a vague picture) so I was clueless as to whether I should roll need or greed. I tried looking in my chat but these popups are in the middle of chaotic battle, my chat screen is scrolling, and the only way I can see details that way is to click and hold the mouse over the name because the tooltip flickers completely taking me out of the fight all while the roll timer is quickly dropping. I got flustered and just hit greed all night because I didn't have the time to try to inspect the item.

Am I missing something here as well?
Need/Greed/Pass is a more nuanced form of rolling for loot. Basically it's 3 tiers of choosing loot. A player choosing Need will beat a player choosing Greed will beat a player choosing Pass. If there are multiple player within a category they roll for it with the winning player getting that Category.

A way of things about the categories. I NEED that bit of loot and can use it, it will complete my X gear set. GREED is I'd like to have that bit of loot. But it's OK if don't get it. PASS is I don't care. Let someone else have it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2012, 09:24 AM
A lot of people in STF's need on everything its really annoying so if you want loot just need as most others do, i only do pugs as i have random play times so don't want to get in fleet and theres only been 2 times that i have been on a pug team that does not need on everything. Not everyone does in the team but there's always one or 2 who just need on anything regardless of item or rarity so if you want loot and you pug just need everything then check the stats later lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2012, 09:34 AM
You used to be able to see the stats on an item in the need/greed window. However, it either got bugged (and hasn't been fixed), OR they took it out. From what I recall, it started to occur after season 3 or 4, and my impression was that it wasn't intentionally removed. Yeah, it's annoying, but after you play a while, you will start to recognize the icons and the names.

There's more info about borg adaptation and remodulating in the link in my sig.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I actually posted about not being able to see tooltips in the Bugs section. I too wait for others to roll on the item. When it comes to things like lock boxes where only gold is desirable, there's times everyone waits and I have to roll NEED and then discard a green box (because I have a bajillion green boxes).

It's not terribly incovenient but it is annoying.

I have the same problem trying to get tooltips for items posted in chat. I have to scroll the window up slightly so it doesn't auto-scroll, then hold the left mouse button down over the item to see the tooltip.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
#1: It is a design mechanic. You can equip your alt and all your BOFF with remodulators. They're in your Replicator for free. After a few shots you can remodulate your weapons and they will continue to do damage to the Borg.

I can't help you on #2 as I don't pug with Need/Greed.
For some reason, my boffs refuse to remod their weapons
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
#1: It is a design mechanic. You can equip your alt and all your BOFF with remodulators. They're in your Replicator for free. After a few shots you can remodulate your weapons and they will continue to do damage to the Borg.

I can't help you on #2 as I don't pug with Need/Greed.
wait there are remodulators? so i completed the borg arc with using a sword for no reason.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx
wait there are remodulators? so i completed the borg arc with using a sword for no reason.
You can get them through your ship's replicator. Bring up your inventory, click "Replicator", and you should see it at the top. It's free, by the way.

Still, fighting with a sword might have been funner. I might try that sometime.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2012, 09:28 PM
well see them now boy am i a noob lol

it was enjoyable killing borg with a sword