# 21
02-25-2012, 01:34 AM
I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
All T5 retrofitted T3 ships ..
  • keep their hull & turn rates
  • get another forward weapon slot
  • get their crew compartments halved to make room for the added weapon slot and other tech upgrades
  • if needed get the upgraded T5 shield modifier
  • get the BOFF and console layout of the T3 c-store ships, but with the ltd-cmdr BOFF upgraded to cmdr.
  • get an innate bonus to offset the missing T5 BOFF slot(+x weapon power or accuracy or torp fire rate, etc.)
  • oh yeah and only cost Dilithium(prettyplease )
I would give those ships a additional universal Lt BOFF slot (at the least) and a universal console slot.

Btw, "Dilithium" ships should be account wide IMHO or cost C-Store points but MUCH cheaper that the regular C-Store ships.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Interesting idea, but I think it would take away too much from the Klingon T3 ships.
They should keep that as part of their faction flavor, though the science ships would have one of those anyway.

So many ways to have inbuilt boosts for those T3 ships.
What about having hard-coded DOFF powers on top of the normal space DOFFs? Maybe even dependent on the fricken costume part one uses for the ship??
This would finally give meaning to the design decisions and make it more than the "space-barbie" contest it is now IMHO.

Iīm also getting excited about the Utopia Planitia development.
Wouldnīt it be great to actually retrofit your old T3 ship yourself in there?

Also Conny/Miranda(&PoliceBox :p ) lovers, this really isnīt the thread for you, sorry.
I suggest buying the rights to Star Trek from CBS, then you can veto their request on not making the Conny (thus to be fair all Tier2 ships and the Miranda) part of endgame.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Well, I agree with Tom, and I have one captain who's going to keep his Connie for awhile. Not interested in the endgame, I have other captains for that, but I wish I could get more console slots at least as I level up. And increase the level capacity of the consoles, too.