Lt. Commander
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly can't stand the beginning part of the mission.

I disabled the sensors Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Zeta, then I got spotted by the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship.

I destroyed it and I figured, with that, it would've kept the mission going with the first six sensors disabled.

But no.

I had to start all over again with Alpha, while trying to eliminate worker bees and fend of Jem'Hadar ships in the process.

I normally don't complain, but I honestly couldn't even finish that objective on account of my frustration with it.

Did anyone else who went through this mission feel the same way or am I totally overreacting?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2012, 10:47 AM
the first part was easy. The tactical secton of the salvage mission has me(present tense, I'm still doing it) SCREAMING AT MY SCREEN. I have done absolutely everything I could the way the tactical report tells me to do, and each one still explodes, taking me with it. Great job, cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Hey least you got that far. I disabled Alpha, blew up due to not expecting the Jem'hadar attackships (Really not used to being in a shuttle)...

And now the mission won't continue. Literally. There's a attack ship stuck in the lower part of DS9 (The Generator area right? I always forgot what the glowing red bit was ;P). I can't shoot at it. I can't find "Beta" etc. I can't drop the mission as when I do to restart it. It stays the same and the littler Jem'hadar ship is just sitting there, chilling in it's stuck location.

So woo. :V
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockduck View Post
the first part was easy. The tactical section of the salvage mission has me(present tense, I'm still doing it) SCREAMING AT MY SCREEN. I have done absolutely everything I could the way the tactical report tells me to do, and each one still explodes, taking me with it. Great job, cryptic.

The first part went well for me, no problems. The salvage mission i s a different story. I just didn't understand what sequence to use on the satellites. I somehow finished it, but feel like it is bugged or I just missed the directions. Going to try it on my sci and eng now....
Oh the cut scene with the jem'hadar ship interior was horrible as art goes, it looks sooo unfinished.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2012, 11:18 AM
I logged back in to complete some DOff missions and I was invited to join a team with three other players. I asked which of the two missions we should do and the leader said "Operation Gamma".

We blew through that first part with no problem. lol I think it took less than 15 minutes!

So, to anyone who was having problems with a mission like this, try to seek out a team for help. The mission will be over before you know it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I tried it last week by myself and it wasn't easy, this week, with a mate, the first part was a breeze.
I think the timer was a little short though in the asteroids section.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
i must agree.. the first part was nice and easy but the salvage on the engineer is a pain.. i dont get it.. i scan, the little ships show up, i kill them, scan again and boom.. fu.. maybe criptic or someone else, how to do it? or maybe make a little patch so the blow timer is longer?

i use my deltaflyer for this.

abort the mission for now.. not fun if i cant get it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I found a way to work through it. When she gets ready to blow, pop evasive maneuvers and get the heck out of dodge. then turn around and wait for the satellite to respawn. Whatever you chose the first time, do it again. if it blows up, repeat. the satellite fixes are random, which is STUPID by the way, so if you keep to the original sequence, EVENTUALLY you'll get it. I never thought this one would be worse than the runaround of "Of Bajor."
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2012, 01:25 PM
For the ships and satellites you need to use a specific sequence of steps(two steps) to prevent them blowing; the steps to use are explained in the pop up from the button on the side of the screen. Pretty straightforward being honest.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Once you see it you'll sigh, after you perform the initial scan, the type of satalite is displayed above the satalite name. From there you can select the correct deactivation sequence. Took me 10mins to spot the extra info on the first satalite,