Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2012, 03:56 PM
I found the mission fairly straightfoward. Thankfully I have the photonic fleet ability so getting through the sensors part was pretty easy. The science version of the second part - scanning a bunch of anomalies - again, pretty easy. The only really painful part was those damned swarming things. I got blown up twice, but at least the first time I took a bunch with me!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Just completed this mission; first time too. Well chuffed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupertino_Yards
I found the mission fairly straightfoward. The only really painful part was those damned swarming things. I got blown up twice, but at least the first time I took a bunch with me!
I found 'abandon ship' to be quite helpful here.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly can't stand the beginning part of the mission.

I disabled the sensors Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Zeta, then I got spotted by the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship.

I destroyed it and I figured, with that, it would've kept the mission going with the first six sensors disabled.

But no.

I had to start all over again with Alpha, while trying to eliminate worker bees and fend of Jem'Hadar ships in the process.

I normally don't complain, but I honestly couldn't even finish that objective on account of my frustration with it.

Did anyone else who went through this mission feel the same way or am I totally overreacting?
I found it to be extremely easy and fast mission.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
I found it to be extremely easy and fast mission.
hehe That's why I started out my post with "Maybe it's just me". I didn't want to assume that it was insanely hard for absolutely everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Wait, there's people that found this mission hard? Because I can breeze through it in like 10 mins, honestly. The only difficulty imposed is the aritifical difficulty of being forced into a shuttle. I could have done this mission in the travel time basically if I had my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2012, 10:05 PM
One thing I've been doing is setting up my KDF fighters in the Omega Space set and equipping the cannon from the vault and another single cannon. For the 3 consoles I've been using a disruptor +26%, aceton mine, and isometric charge consoles. Most people I would think are used to the hold both mouse buttons down to face a target but the best thing I've found is use the mouse to move the camera but use your a, w, s, d movement buttons to move it so it will turn faster than the normal mouse tactic. I'm pretty sure for federation based tactics fire at will does same thing just to me looks cooler doing it my KDF way.

Even though I'm in disagreement with how the jem hadar space set was designed. I do however love the episode itself I really love it and the graphics of it as well as content, cinematics, etc. Only thing I'll say about that set though where it has Victory is Life I do think there should be something for Non-Jem Hadar ships as well due to the fact I want a valid reason to want to choose this set over retro borg, omega, and honor guard... Not to completely make it where I would want it on every ship but for some setups it would be nice to have a new setup using it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2012, 01:01 AM
How can I disable the sensors when most of the time I don't know where they are? Sometimes they have labels and sometime not. Sometimes the labels appear and then disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Position your ship and camera in a way that your scan object appears by your side not in front of you or below you.
Then the label should be readyble very clearly. I had to look into the pop-up manual every single time and I didn't fail once.. only got jumped by a swarm the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2012, 04:01 AM
I think this is a lousy mission. The shuttle is so small that I can hardly see it most of the time. When I zoom in, it doesn't stay. I can't tell if I'm facing forward or backward.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergames View Post
I think this is a lousy mission. The shuttle is so small that I can hardly see it most of the time. When I zoom in, it doesn't stay. I can't tell if I'm facing forward or backward.
It's a bad mission because you can't tell one end of a ship from another? Perplexed...