Lt. Commander
# 1 Bajor moons question
02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
It is my understanding that Bajor is supposed to have four moons, but in the Bajor system space area, five moons are visible (in addition to the planet itself and its sun). What is this fifth moon?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Bajor

Bajor "should" have 5 moons, at the beginning of DS9 they told us Bajor has only 3 Moons though, later they added a fourth etc ... soooo it's not exactly written in stone ....
Quote:
According to "The Nagus", Bajor has three moons. However, in "Image in the Sand", Cretak and Kira Nerys clearly refer to Derna as the "fourth moon" of Bajor.
Quote:
Jeraddo (or Lunar V) was the fifth of Bajor's five moons. It has a molten core. Also located on Jeraddo was Lunar V base, a small camp of the Bajoran Resistance, which stored a few sub-impulse raiders there.
Just watch different DS9 Episodes and you get everything from 3 to 5 ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
What is this fifth moon?
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jeraddo
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Ok, so the molten-core one is the one where we can see the lava fissures?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 01:34 PM
I guess ... it's the only one that kind of looks like "Jeraddo" from the show ...
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...91/Jeraddo.jpg
... still some room for interpretation though, because you never saw the "other" 3 moons in the show (as far as I know ...)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2012, 06:11 PM
yup, the lava fissured moon is Jeraddo. the other moon you can see at night on the Bajor Ground map is Derna.

The fissures idea came from these lines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
In 2369, the Bajoran Provisional Government decided to utilize the moon's molten core to provide much needed energy for Bajor. However this process would leave the moon uninhabitable.
We figured we wanted it to look less habitable, and also thought it would look cool in the sky at night . . .
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
yup, the lava fissured moon is Jeraddo. the other moon you can see at night on the Bajor Ground map is Derna.

We figured we wanted it to look less habitable, and also thought it would look cool in the sky at night . . .
You guys have done a great job with the lore in this game keep it up!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:

when will EARTH and SFA get the same treatment? i'd love to beam down to Sisko's fathers restaurant and buy Creole food there. Could be used as an alternate means to healing from the death penalty. Those of us brave enough to play on advanced/elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
You guys have done a great job with the lore in this game keep it up!
Agreed
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:

The fissures idea came from these lines... We figured we wanted it to look less habitable, and also thought it would look cool in the sky at night . . .
Wow. This answers a question I had regarding which moon was which and allows me the opportunity to say that you guys did some exceptional work here. I return to the city of Hathon on Bajor again and again just so that I can watch the sky as day fades into night and Jeraddo rises on the horizon. The shifting sky and lighting on Bajor is simply breathtaking, and Jeraddo's striking design makes it all the more captivating. The realization of Bajor's moons is not only wholly accurate but also beautiful. Who could ask for more from a new social zone set on one of Star Trek's most important worlds? Bravo!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I knew they could pull it off because Everquest did it 13 years ago with night-day cycles with moving sun and moons. Now they gotta revise Vulcan, Andoria, Earth, and hub worlds with this feature.

I mean who wouldn't love to see ESD from Earth?

Maybe this feature could be used to enhance Starbases? Imagine the Earth and the moon rotating below ESD with the terminator (night/day line) changing as well. So everytime you look out the window, its never the same.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I knew they could pull it off because Everquest did it 13 years ago with night-day cycles with moving sun and moons. Now they gotta revise Vulcan, Andoria, Earth, and hub worlds with this feature.

I mean who wouldn't love to see ESD from Earth?

Maybe this feature could be used to enhance Starbases? Imagine the Earth and the moon rotating below ESD with the terminator (night/day line) changing as well. So everytime you look out the window, its never the same.
LOVE THIS IDEA