Lt. Commander
# 1 Unaligned Faction
02-26-2012, 09:38 AM
I want to preface this by saying that I want the KDF faction completed first. I love klingons. However, this is not about Klingons.

I would love to see Romulans and Cardassians enter the game sooner than later. So here's a long term idea to get Romulans, Cardassians, and other races in the game while their factions are being put together.

i suggest an unaligned faction built around a loyalty experience system. Essentially, the player has access to both fed / kdf space. They can run the explore / marauding missions, dse / empire defence, patrols, stfs, featured episodes, foundry, and a selection of story missions. Along with xp, they earn loyalty points towards one faction or another. A gain to one faction equals a loss to the other. It could be tiered, so that you can unlock certain achievements which in turn unlocks more playable content for that faction.

For instance, tier 0 could have the player restricted to explores / marauding, dse / defence for either faction, and featured episodes. Tier 1 could introduce patrols, a few of the story missions for that faction, and foundry. ect. When they "max out" loyalty for a specific faction, they are presented with the choice to join the faction or remain unaligned. When they pick a faction, all content for that faction becomes available to them and they loose the ability to do the missions for the other.

I welcome your thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Based on Dan's recent statements it would seem they feel the KDF is good enough. They'll throw the KDF a new Mission bone every so often but for the most part players should only expect to see level 50 Missions added to the KDF. To my mind that means Cryptic has opened itself up to the idea of its "Micro C-Store Factions" idea. IE, I expect to see a Romulan Faction coming to the C-Store - along with the ability to buy various Rom ships and uniforms, and possibly even some Rom-specific Missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2012, 09:44 AM
We have a couple of threads on this in general discussion area. Please take a look there