Lt. Commander
# 61
02-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat

City of Heroes?
Maybe not 100% right but playable.
I played CoX hard for years.. was heavy into PvP... i13 screwed PvP for that game...
Spend billions of influence, take time farming, only have my builds perform with subpar..
All done to make it "fair" to people who don't wanna work on builds
PvP is competitive, requires a person to raise the bar beyond simple PvE.

PvP is playable here... but, its not balance in either game.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-25-2012, 04:17 PM
BSGO is run by Bug Point (Big Point) that is reason enough for it to be rubbish game
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
If you want PVP so much go play EVE Online. STO is fine the way it is.
STO PVP is as fine as having an extra chromosome.

It's the setting which bothers me. Small maps, small groups, small scale.

As a Roleplaying Killer, being able to kill other sentients over AI matters much to me as immersion does.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-26-2012, 09:19 AM
BSGO is a cheap as hell game that SyFy allowed to get put togher haha....better than STO? In the aspect side of pvp maybe, overall - not even close.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
I wonder why some people object to adding options to a game?
Becaause those options require a LOT of extra Dev yeam work to incorporate and maintain; and given the choice; I'd rather see nthat Dev time devoted to creating more actual mission content for both factions as IMO PvP in ANY MMO that isn't built specifically for it (aka EVE Online) is:

- Never balanced to anyone's satisfaction (Going on 7 years WoW still has the same type of PvP thrreads regarding balance for example); and making two sets of stats WILL NEVER solve that issue as someone will always figure it's not skill as to why he/she isn't doing as well as they think they should; it's because Class/Ship/Power X is just plain overpowered or imbalanced.

- PvP is a SMALL (but very vocal) portion of the game's player population (again, unless the game in question has been built to cater to PvPer's and most of the MMOs that tried (like say Shadowbane) found they couldn' get a large enough playerbase to be profitable.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. DCUO has a world dedicated to PVP. Someone in this thread mentioned something like this for STO. I would like it. We are at war with the Klingons. If I travelt to the neutral zone I would love to have to hide, sneak by or simply enter a confrontation. Why not? It was liek that on Star Trek anytime you enetered the neutral zone. You never knew what might happen.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. DCUO has a world dedicated to PVP. Someone in this thread mentioned something like this for STO. I would like it. We are at war with the Klingons. If I travelt to the neutral zone I would love to have to hide, sneak by or simply enter a confrontation. Why not? It was liek that on Star Trek anytime you enetered the neutral zone. You never knew what might happen.
well we are one server.. why not have a setting to pick instances that are PVP only? So you have the option to go to PVP socal zones.. The same could be set up for Role players too. have a Role Play instance set up.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
well we are one server.. why not have a setting to pick instances that are PVP only? So you have the option to go to PVP socal zones.. The same could be set up for Role players too. have a Role Play instance set up.
this is what im taking about - options to add Open PVP into the game.

Good Idea and creative - thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Becaause those options require a LOT of extra Dev yeam work to incorporate and maintain; and given the choice; I'd rather see nthat Dev time devoted to creating more actual mission content for both factions
Well, the point with well-done PvP is, the Devs do the work once and you have lots of fun with the results for many times. Look at Ker'rat when Klingons and Fed meet each other there. It is obviously buggy, and still, people enjoy it.

Quote:
as IMO PvP in ANY MMO that isn't built specifically for it (aka EVE Online) is:

- Never balanced to anyone's satisfaction[...]
Nothing will ever be balanced to everyone's satisfaction, but I have read people down in the PvP subforum that claim it is balanced right now. So obviously, you err on that point.

Quote:
- PvP is a SMALL (but very vocal) portion of the game's player population [...].
Hm, what makes you believe so?
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Don't forget RPKs and RP PVPers!