Lt. Commander
With all of these universal consoles coming up with unique abilities, and tier six ships on the horizon, it would be nice to be able to place everything without having to remove some powers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 08:14 AM
What I have done personnaly is added manualy binds to my third row on both ground and space to cycle to the next or previous row:

/bind key "traychangeindex 2 1" -- go to next row
/bind key "traychangeindex 2 -1" -- go to previous

What I'm also gonna do is manually bind shift+1, etc to each slot on the 4th row and ctrl+shift+1, etc for the 5th

/bind shift+1 "TrayExecByTray 3 1"
and so on.

not sure why I have not done the slot bindings yet but thats my temp solution.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard_Nacelle View Post
With all of these universal consoles coming up with unique abilities, and tier six ships on the horizon, it would be nice to be able to place everything without having to remove some powers.
This is a much better solution. It's come up before too. Undocking by row like the DDO UI would be a good solution as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I'd like to be able to specify how many columns and how many rows... It's getting too darned tall, but I wouldn't mind breaking them up individually into 3 rows of.. say... 12 each. Or 2 rows of 20. I have 3 monitors so I can stretch them off to the side as long as I have my hotkeys bound.

I think that's the real problem to worry about: Scrolling through 40 different keybind options and getting them all set up (and then having it randomize it next time you change a BOFF skill or whatever).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2012, 08:22 AM
I think the idea of setting "hidden" keybindings is great n' all... BUT... that's not what this is about. The problem with it is just that... they're hidden. You can only show 3 rows and each row has only 10 of the 12 associated keybindings. What we want to see is an ENHANCEMENT that allows all 12 buttons on the 3 rows, AND a SECOND "big personal tray"... each of which would allow you to choose the rows you want to use (1-10). This would provide a total of 72 CLICKABLE abilities on the screen at once (even more if you include the weapons tray).

I personally find that the bridge crew tray is inconvenient, as it wastes space by showing the bridge crew profiles, and has no way of sorting abilities based on use.

The idea here is that people want to sort their abilities based on function... I want all of my abilities that can be used on friendly targets to be in one area, sorted by function, and another area with all my weapon enhancement abilities, another with my personal defensive abilities... etc. You need to use the personal trays for this, and there simply isn't enough room for all the abilities as it currently stands.

ADDITIONALLY... Cooldowns are important.... and if you can't SEE the ability, you don't know the state of it's cooldown. Even if I wanted to use hidden keybindings, it doesn't show the cooldown of the ability you want to use. Having the ability to set keybindings in the standard GUI for rows 1-3 is nice n' all, but I'd like to see the option to set keybindings for more rows... and have it show those bindings on the personal tray. I actually DO set bindings for other rows via console, but it doesn't show those bindings on the icons. For instance... I use "/bind Control+Numpad1 +TrayExecByTray 3 0" to set row 4 icon 1 to "ctrl+num1", but it doesn't show that on the icon when I switch my current personal tray to show row 4. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to see the bindings..
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbertigibbety
I think the idea of setting "hidden" keybindings is great n' all... BUT... that's not what this is about. The problem with it is just that... they're hidden. You can only show 3 rows and each row has only 10 of the 12 associated keybindings. What we want to see is an ENHANCEMENT that allows all 12 buttons on the 3 rows, AND a SECOND "big personal tray"... each of which would allow you to choose the rows you want to use (1-10). This would provide a total of 72 CLICKABLE abilities on the screen at once (even more if you include the weapons tray).
I'm a little confused; maybe I'm thinking of something other than what you're talking about.

My tray, at most, consists of 1 through 0, Ctrl+1through Ctrol-0, and Alt+1 through Alt+0. Unless I max out the tray (setting 4 out of 4) I'm limited to 1-8 for any row.

Since I can bind BOff Powers to the Alt keys, I'm generally fine if I put my own abilities in the unshifted and Ctrl rows. Since the visible areas only go up to 8, I put noncombat abilities in the 9, 0, Ctrl-9, and Ctrl-0 spots. That serves OK for now.

Given the number of powers available, not to mention the coming expansions (which, what the heck, have already been mentioned), I'd love it if the tray went to 0 instead of 8, and if we could bind BOff abilities to Ctrl- and/or Alt-letters.