Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2012, 12:30 AM
I've made most of the suggested changes but still want to do some testing of the non-combat alternatives on the maps. If all goes well the update will be posted tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the great feedback.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 12 Most changes completed
02-25-2012, 02:18 PM
After extensive testing I've re-published the mission with some significant changes. Some of the changes include;

-Updated the Stardate references to the correct spelling/usage.
-Changed some of the maps adding optional mission triggers and elements to give the player the option to avoid combat on some of the maps. Iím working on the later maps in the mission as well.
-Added optional entry method for getting into the military compound on one of the maps. Iím working on changing the later maps in the mission as well.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Very good mission. I loved the story, and how it was presented. Dialogue, maps, (optional) combat, all was flowing very well together making the playthrough a very exciting experience.

Minor thing: the skip dialogue options, though I didn't use them, could do without the snarkyness (plots bore me etc.) a neutral [Skip dialogue] would suffice.

Excellent work, thank you very much for creating it. Looking forward to further missions from you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydance View Post
Very good mission. I loved the story, and how it was presented. Dialogue, maps, (optional) combat, all was flowing very well together making the playthrough a very exciting experience.

Minor thing: the skip dialogue options, though I didn't use them, could do without the snarkyness (plots bore me etc.) a neutral [Skip dialogue] would suffice.

Excellent work, thank you very much for creating it. Looking forward to further missions from you.
Thanks for the review and feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the mission and the story. The mission optional features was something I've picked up as I've done my mission reviews of other authors work. The work of Pendra80 on his mission, along with his feedback, and the tutorial the kirkfat provided on Starbase UGC were all very helpful in developing those aspects of my mission.

As for the snarkyness of my "Skip Dialog" feature it is intended to be a little light hearted fun on my part, but I can see your point. I will consider changing those "Plot's bore me" buttons.

Thanks again for the review and feedback. It is really appreciated.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th
Thanks again for the review and feedback. It is really appreciated.
Brian
It wasn't really a review.. you do those much better Just saw this post here and thought I comment a little bit on it, since I enjoyed playing it quite a bit.

The 'witty' comments from my Captain were spot on, it's how she'd talk. This is of course always a bit risky, everyone sees their captain differently, so what works great for me, might not for others. I truly enjoyed her comments though, the way you set them up work perfectly for me. The briefing part where I make a joke and the Vulcan got confused... awesome, made me smile

Also, the 'Rosswell' solution was a great idea and well executed.

I did search for your name in the foundry, but this one seems to be the only mission I could find. I do sincerely hope you are planning on making more, because I really like your style (and wit).

Thanks again for making the game better!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
It wasn't really a review.. you do those much better Just saw this post here and thought I comment a little bit on it, since I enjoyed playing it quite a bit.
Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed making it. The lessons Iíve learned along the way have really helped. I try to pass what Iíve learned on to other authors too. It makes the community stronger as a whole.

Quote:
The 'witty' comments from my Captain were spot on, it's how she'd talk. This is of course always a bit risky, everyone sees their captain differently, so what works great for me, might not for others. I truly enjoyed her comments though, the way you set them up work perfectly for me. The briefing part where I make a joke and the Vulcan got confused... awesome, made me smile
I wrote it with my character in mind as well. Iíve played many missions that made me feel more like a passenger rather than the Captain. They were still great stories and missions but I like to write as if there is a reason the player was made Captain. Itís great to have smart BOFFís but hopefully they got that way because of the influence of the Captain. You are right about the writing being risky as it may not appeal to some players, but the style just feels more like all the Captains from the series. There was always a tone self confidence in their ability to get the mission done. To me that is what a good Captain needs to succeed. I also like making the player smile at the wit or the wisdom in a dialog or the way an element of the mission flows. Thanks so much for the compliment and I am really glad you enjoyed yourself. That is my ultimate goal.

Quote:
Also, the 'Rosswell' solution was a great idea and well executed.
Thanks. As I wrote the story script I felt it would make an interesting storyline to draw a parallel with something most people, at least in the STO community, have heard of. Iím glad you liked it.

Quote:
I did search for your name in the foundry, but this one seems to be the only mission I could find. I do sincerely hope you are planning on making more, because I really like your style (and wit).
I have done a 2 part Klingon mission and I am developing more scripts to create more missions on both sides. Between work and school it can get a little hectic but I look at playing STO as a fun way to leave those concerns behind.

Quote:
Thanks again for making the game better!
Thank you so much for the review and follow up comment. It makes my day to entertain and enrich the community, which is why I also do my in depth reviews. My hope is to help other authors perfect their stories which strengthen the community as a whole.

Thanks again,
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 17 Mission Review
02-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Hi Brian,

I have recently been given the job of posting Foundry reviews on StabaseUGC.com and found yours to be a perfect mission to start off with. You have done so much reviewing missions for the Foundry community it seemed fitting. I took some screenshots I'd like to post and won't post any spoilers in my reviews. I'd like to, however, with your permission, like to post my reviews with a small mini-ad depicting some of the mission screenies. I won't do this without the authors permission, so if you would like, I can make it and send it to you via e-mail prior to posting it to see if it meets your approval. If this sounds good to you, e-mail me in game with an out of game e-mail address I can send it to and when I finish it, I will send it on for your review. I plan on posting my reviews once a week on Wednesday, so I will have it to you by today or tomorrow to see if you like the idea. My in game e-mail is @Duke-of-Rock so let me know as soon as you can. I'll check this forum post as well to hear your thoughts. It should give your mission a bump of notariety by being reviewed on the starbaseugc website as well.
I look forward to your thoughts.

Duke-of-Rock aka: Craig
Lt. Commander
# 18 Make it so...
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Rock View Post
Hi Brian,

I have recently been given the job of posting Foundry reviews on StabaseUGC.com and found yours to be a perfect mission to start off with. You have done so much reviewing missions for the Foundry community it seemed fitting. I took some screenshots I'd like to post and won't post any spoilers in my reviews. I'd like to, however, with your permission, like to post my reviews with a small mini-ad depicting some of the mission screenies. I won't do this without the authors permission, so if you would like, I can make it and send it to you via e-mail prior to posting it to see if it meets your approval. If this sounds good to you, e-mail me in game with an out of game e-mail address I can send it to and when I finish it, I will send it on for your review. I plan on posting my reviews once a week on Wednesday, so I will have it to you by today or tomorrow to see if you like the idea. My in game e-mail is @Duke-of-Rock so let me know as soon as you can. I'll check this forum post as well to hear your thoughts. It should give your mission a bump of notariety by being reviewed on the starbaseugc website as well.
I look forward to your thoughts.

Duke-of-Rock aka: Craig
Thanks Duke,

I would be honored to be your inaugural review for StabaseUGC.com. I sent you an in game email with the info you requested and with my formal permission to exercise your judgment in what to include in your review. To also make it official here as well, you have my permission to publish this mission ďContaminationĒ with the screenshots and information you feel are needed to conduct your review properly.

Also I wanted to let you know that I added several elements which I outlined in the in game email I sent you, that I felt would enhance the mission experience. Thanks to some feedback I received from Pendra80 and the tutorial I found on StabaseUGC.com by Kirkfat which showed me how to make certain mission objectives optional and have consequences for not doing certain ones. Based on the STO review feedback I have received since implementing those changes Iíd say it was a popular thing to do. Unfortunately I think I was updating the elements on Saturday while I think you were reviewing the mission.

Again I want to thank you for the honor of being your inaugural review.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 19 Mission review
02-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Hello Brian and fellow STO friends,

Just a note to announce my first review is now posted at http://starbaseugc.com/ .
It was an honor to do Brian's (Evil70th) new mission and I enjoyed it thoroughly. He has since updated
it, but I think my review will still fit the bill as far as the mission. A fine job Brian, It was an honor to be
able to do my first review for your newest creation, as you have done so much for other foundry authors.
Well done.

Craig aka: Duke-of-Rock
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Rock View Post
Hello Brian and fellow STO friends,

Just a note to announce my first review is now posted at http://starbaseugc.com/ .
It was an honor to do Brian's (Evil70th) new mission and I enjoyed it thoroughly. He has since updated
it, but I think my review will still fit the bill as far as the mission. A fine job Brian, It was an honor to be
able to do my first review for your newest creation, as you have done so much for other foundry authors.
Well done.

Craig aka: Duke-of-Rock
I just read your review of my mission and wanted to say thank you so much. That is a great review and I think you captured it without giving anything away.

Thanks and I appreciate the review very much,
Brian