Lt. Commander
# 41
02-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
hehehehe

^_^ I got a Chiasaur
Can I rage-quit Hsu? So many dissapointing memories are resurfacing. I thought I'd repressed that period in history.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Never heard of the 'Useless Bug' either. I'm more than a little curious now.

Oh yeah, in b4 lock!
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthonia
i think this is the one that goes like this:

able to move, fly the ship, but not able to fire weapons or use abilities

had a couple of guys come into stf's like that, refuse to leave, we fail, they get moody because of it, wasnt pretty

because of my experience with people claiming to have this bug, im not sure whether i believe its real or not
I've had that happen once, on a Borg Red Alert. I was fine one moment, then everything stopped working. Could only fly, nothing else. It was temporary though so, considering that just tonight I've been kicked off at least FIVE FRIGGIN' TIMES, it's probably server instability rather than a "bug". Yes, they need to fix that too.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Sorry to see you go. I have to say, that if a game is frustrating to you, then of course you should walk away from it. I'm still here tho, and there are plenty of new faces around here to keep us entertained until you decide to come back. Maybe I'll see you in TOR in the meantime. Have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-26-2012, 08:14 AM
"The Useless Bug"? - occasionally on ground missions (story arc or random encounters) my weapon won't fire ie. left or right click doesn't work and neither does the wheel-click for boxing some scoundrel's ears with me weapon

It seems to occur after I've button mashed when my hand is slightly off WASD centre and I'm pressing wrong keys then panic mash to try and press the correct ones (I know I'm not the only one to do this )

In a nutshell - all those key presses combined with mouse button presses seems to confuse the game so it sulks and won't join in.

I haven't tried alt-tabbing etc but have logged out/in to have it go away.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I can understand walking away from STO due to lack of content (or at least due to the fact that the current content is not terribly well-crafted toward replayability) but the bugs seen in this game are pretty minor compared to some. If I were to make a recommendation, I would suggest to check in on this game every 6 months, or when the last episode of each FE series is released. That'll at least give you something new to see every few months, without the ongoing frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoomoo
So here I am minding my own business and trying to play a few STF when suddenly...4 games ina row... i get the "Useless bug" well I have had it---- Crytpic cant even make a game that plays like a game... I regret the money I have spent playing this game as I have disappointed by the product time-and-time again and I say For shame on perfect worlds for publishing such a none functioning product... you have ripped and tarnished the Star trek franchise and I wont br a part of it anymore... I am going to go buy SWTOR and I am not looking back.

- I want a REFUND!
though i realize its never going to happen " once you have their money never give it back"! *******s....
dont worry he will be back playing STO after he tries and starts QQing about the problems TOR has LOL.
Closed Thread