Lt. Commander
# 21
02-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see Ja'rod turned into the major post-B'vat villain for the Federation. His first appearance in Saturday's Child reminds me a bit of Kras and Kor, so he seems ideal for the role of your captains' primary rival. Plus, I've always been disappointed that he just disappears and doesn't show up again until The Tribble with Klingons, and then he disappears until The Cure. I would love to see some episodes that bridge the gap between his peak as an honored captain, his fall to tribble hunter, and how he ended up as part of the Klingon's Borg task force.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Sela could and maybe should have been the big bad villain.

However she got carted off at the end of the last featured series so it wont be her.

I still think we need a big time Romulan leader, one who unites Romulans and builds them back into a major empire.

As things currently stand, the Romulans are a joke empire, they cant even feed their own people and really are not a threat at all.

Personally what I would like to see is at the end of this featured episode the female changling escapes and the new dominion fleet join her, they meet up with the true way and they go off and establish a base of operations in a new sector block and we are finally given an enemy faction that is actually a legitimate threat to both the Federation and the Klingons.

Dukat is not just the best villain star trek has produced, but one of the best villains ever to appear on TV, he was so well developed and well rounded. Thats the sort of bad guy we need, a bad guy who is not just some random person you fight and kill, but one who personally hurts your captain, their crew and even the whole sector. A villain you want to kill, a villain that makes you hope that the next featured series has them in it cause you want to end him so bad.

And you only get that by developing a bad guy over a period of time where you show all aspects of his tortured evil personality.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
honestly, STO does have one major villain. I won't say its name but it is so powerful that it is ruining the entire star trek universe piece by piece
Thank you so very much.

Truest post of the day.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I think it needs villains with more pronounced personalities.

Nameless waves of enemies either need to be working FOR someone or to have a spokesperson.

That's why even the Borg were paired with Q, Locutus, Lore, and the Borg Queen. Even an impersonal force of nature needs a face attached to it.

STO has a few of these with B'vat, Hakeev, Laas,and Gul Madred. But it could use more and definitely more who survive multiple story arcs.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
My point is that you might not like the dialog and think STO needs new writers, but that's just your opinion. I'm sure there are thousands of people who like STO's stories. Ultimately MMOs are about pleasing the majority rather then the individual. So the way it relates to you is in the idea that the individual opinion is recognized but it somewhat meaningless. As far as MMOs are concerned the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the 1.
And as I said, this goes without saying. You can quote literally ANY post in the entire forum and give them the "that's just your opinion, everyone has one speech." It still has nothing specifically to do with my post.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
And as I said, this goes without saying. You can quote literally ANY post in the entire forum and give them the "that's just your opinion, everyone has one speech." It still has nothing specifically to do with my post.
We'll just agree to disagree here. You're the one who said Cryptic needed new writers. I was simply stating that many players have no problem with the writers or the missions in question.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Ya know, what would REALLY be boss, but I doubt they have the existing tech for it, would be a Nemesis of your choosing for each character. You'd have some basic templates to pick from but you could pick how they look, what they're named, etc. Then they'd appear randomly and sabotage your missions or whatever. They could run with it. The idea of a personal nemesis I think is more appealing to just one vilian for everyone to share.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
We'll just agree to disagree here. You're the one who said Cryptic needed new writers. I was simply stating that many players have no problem with the writers or the missions in question.
You were simply stating something universal and obvious that didn't need to be stated.

I'll remember to remind you that you're only one person every time you offer up an opinion from now on, then.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....s/opinion1.gif
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I think it needs villains with more pronounced personalities.

Nameless waves of enemies either need to be working FOR someone or to have a spokesperson.

That's why even the Borg were paired with Q, Locutus, Lore, and the Borg Queen. Even an impersonal force of nature needs a face attached to it.

STO has a few of these with B'vat, Hakeev, Laas,and Gul Madred. But it could use more and definitely more who survive multiple story arcs.
What I think we need at this point is to have an Iconian character who is acting as the "puppet master" influencing the lesser villains--he would be the one whom Hakeev reported to, for example. Basically, he would be the Iconian equivalent of the "Future Guy" who was puppeting the Suliban, etc.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Future_Guy

Like "Future Guy", we need not see his face, just see him receiving reports from the lesser villains and giving them ominous-sounding orders. We don't even need to know his "real" name--just some kind of callsign that makes it clear that each of his appearances are the same character.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
What I think we need at this point is to have an Iconian character who is acting as the "puppet master" influencing the lesser villains--he would be the one whom Hakeev reported to, for example. Basically, he would be the Iconian equivalent of the "Future Guy" who was puppeting the Suliban, etc.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Future_Guy

Like "Future Guy", we need not see his face, just see him receiving reports from the lesser villains and giving them ominous-sounding orders. We don't even need to know his "real" name--just some kind of callsign that makes it clear that each of his appearances are the same character.
I agree but I recall from seeing the Iconians that they don't exactly look very human. I think they need somebody like Dukat was for the Dominion. In a perfect world, I'd like for that to BE Dukat.

I'd also like to see something done with the plot point that the Borg came about 200,000 years ago (it was ignored in the Destiny novels but STO doesn't follow those and it was stated on the shows) and the Iconians vanished 200,000 years ago.

Did the Iconians flee the Borg? Did they create the Borg to clean up what they left behind? There's potential for an interesting relationship there.