Lt. Commander
Would be nice to purchase this standard shuttle WITHOUT having to do the Vault.

The recent 'Operation Gamma' mission just highlighted this again.

Since we are getting more 'shuttle only' missions, it only makes sense to make the Type 8 available for purchase as any other vessel.

The Vault mission could be easily tweaked slightly to mirror the Operation Gamma requirement statements that you need a small craft before starting the mission. That way the Type 8 isn't held prisoner until a character is qualified to do that one specific mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I agree. However I just went ahead and bought the Runabout to do "The Vault" mission periodically to replenish my Scorpion Fighter supply.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Pretty sure it just unlocked as an option for me when I took the new FE an hour ago. As for buying it I never use it as the Danube, Type F, Tal'kyr and Peregrine are much better options for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I couldnt use the type 8 shuttle for "the vault" i dont know what i was doing wrong so i abanded it and bought the Delta flyer...had NO problems then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Pretty sure it just unlocked as an option for me when I took the new FE an hour ago. As for buying it I never use it as the Danube, Type F, Tal'kyr and Peregrine are much better options for me.
If true that it also unlocks as part of the Operation Gamma mission, then they need to divorce it from ALL shuttle missions. It should be easier to obtain and more commonplace than runabouts.

The Vault requires a character to be at least Captain rank to run, and again, if it unlocks with 'Gamma', then a character is required to run the mission chain to that point to obtain access. Both cases are rediculous for something that should be an extremely common item in Starfleet.

For goodness sake, just put it in the shipyard like every other vessel.

The wording in Operation Gamma makes it perfectly clear you need a smal craft to do the mission (which could be done for the Vault too) and where to get one. At 1 credit, I think anryone can afford to purchase a Type 8 regardless of who they are. It certainly doens't need to be held up in the Vault as a free giveaway - or wait until 3/4 through 'The 2800' mission chain to unlock.

If anything, those would be more appropriate requirements for a runabaout. (But Don't Do it Cryptic!)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow. It wasn't THAT difficult. Keep it on EZ-Mode (like me) and get your shuttle.

I apologize in advance...you have been playing longer than me, and you are complaining about this?

It seems to me, that there are MUCH more important issues to complain about.

The first two missions don't take too much time if you don't do the optional stuff, and you get the shuttle token just for accepting the third mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Do you even have to complete the mission? Can't you just get the shuttle in 30 seconds and then drop the mission?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Can I complain about OPīs complain too? :p

Of all the things to complain about.
So compared to a Runabout you want even crappier shields, no special power(except crappy shields), no BOFF slot, two less consoles just to turn a smidgen faster?
And all of the above taking away one very valuable ship slot that could house a ship thatīs actually good for something else than 2 missions in the entire frikken game.

/complaincomplain