Lt. Commander
# 31
02-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
This mission is very easy...IF you read all the Dialoge...
Disabling the sensors works fine, but you must prevent the "worker bee" probes from resetting the sensors or you will have to start over.
Scanning the items in the asteriods ;
Note the colors in the center of the asteriods...
Reddish is the Tac options, blue the Sci and yellow is the Eng.
And for each item you have to scan just READ THE OFFICER REPORTS
It tells you EXACTLY what kind of scan to do to prevent it from blowing up.
Note you have a limited time to complete the scan or it will also blow up.
Ya might even want to write them down and keep them handy for easy referance.

Takes about 10-15 min tops solo...
Yup, pretty easy... did it a few times to get the rewards...
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly can't stand the beginning part of the mission.

I disabled the sensors Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Zeta, then I got spotted by the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship.

I destroyed it and I figured, with that, it would've kept the mission going with the first six sensors disabled.

But no.

I had to start all over again with Alpha, while trying to eliminate worker bees and fend of Jem'Hadar ships in the process.

I normally don't complain, but I honestly couldn't even finish that objective on account of my frustration with it.

Did anyone else who went through this mission feel the same way or am I totally overreacting?
The first part is about repetition, just target work bee first then fend off fighters. The second part is guess work and fast response, if its about to explode then hit impulse to get clear. You have to guess the first action then quickly follow up with the required second action (write the steps down). The mission is repetition and guessing all the way through.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64
The first part is about repetition, just target work bee first then fend off fighters. The second part is guess work and fast response, if its about to explode then hit impulse to get clear. You have to guess the first action then quickly follow up with the required second action (write the steps down). The mission is repetition and guessing all the way through.
The second part involves no guess work. The dialog box tells you which combo, after you scan it will tell you what it picked up. You just have to jot down the combos, or remember them, so you can do it quick enough.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
The second part involves no guess work. The dialog box tells you which combo, after you scan it will tell you what it picked up. You just have to jot down the combos, or remember them, so you can do it quick enough.
Exactly, I wrote them down before starting, pretty cruisy after that...
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly can't stand the beginning part of the mission.

I disabled the sensors Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Zeta, then I got spotted by the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship.

I destroyed it and I figured, with that, it would've kept the mission going with the first six sensors disabled.

But no.

I had to start all over again with Alpha, while trying to eliminate worker bees and fend of Jem'Hadar ships in the process.

I normally don't complain, but I honestly couldn't even finish that objective on account of my frustration with it.

Did anyone else who went through this mission feel the same way or am I totally overreacting?
I had problems with it the first time I tried. I failed four times and gave up. Then I did it with two other people (team of 3) and later tried it solo and did it the first time. I am slow and also had trouble with the part where one has to do a salvage search for Farek. I can't think fast enough when I scan the ores (sci), derelict ships (engineer), or satellites (tac) because I do not immediately see the result of the scan and then act on it. I generally have to move the mouse around the screen until I see the result and then look at the note I wrote to myself about what to do for each of the three possible scan results. After a few tries, I got faster and was able to get the 4 scans.

Farek sounds like the wicked witch from Wizard of Oz as played by the late Margaret Hamilton. I am just waiting for her to say "... and your little dog, too!"
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-27-2012, 04:22 AM
Have to agree, it is all contained in the dialogue options and I had no issue with completing it on my three VA Federation characters (each track) and my level 32 KDF officer. Each time it took about 15 minutes and I was able to get all three reward options.

Even the swamers at the end were not too tough to deal with, it is always a little odd being back in a shuttle with relatively limited options in terms of Bridge Officer skills....:p

From reading across various forums of late, it seems to me that a lot of people do not take the time to read the bridge officer reports, information in books and other titbits that pop up. For me, at least, I have generally enjoyed the additional notes and contact pieces and just as with previous episodes, the answers are always given, it is a case of reading over them. My only real gripe with this feature series is that it does seem to lack a little depth compared with previous episodes. Maybe that is just me though...
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
For those that have the point defense console the swarmers are a piece of cake.

Someone said they were having trouble with hitting the swarmers with their narrow firing arc...if you use shuttle beam weapons they have a 360 degree firing arc and most swarmers only take one shot :-)
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpieboy View Post
For those that have the point defense console the swarmers are a piece of cake.

Someone said they were having trouble with hitting the swarmers with their narrow firing arc...if you use shuttle beam weapons they have a 360 degree firing arc and most swarmers only take one shot :-)
...quite so, point defence was very handy, a dropped disruptor turret sealed the deal. I also took out my photon torpedo and racked up a second 360 degree phaser bank.

Those poor little ships never stood a chance.

As for the second half of the mission, it's a question of paying attention really. Don't pay attention, better have brace for impact handy. Pay attention and its a breeze.

Overall, i enjoyed this mission for two major reasons.

First off...SHUTTLES!

There's just not enough shuttle missions. They're canon enough, surely? How many episodes of TOS, TNG, DS9 and even Voy revolve around mishaps of a shuttle-tastic nature?

They're nicely realised in the game, give us much more to do in them.

Secondly, after last weeks Bajor fitness programme.... "We'll RUN those pounds right off you".....it's a good change of pace.

So far, we've had a bit of runny-talky, some optional shenanigans, more talky-talky, some runny-gunny and some pew-pew-spaciness. Then run- DeForrest Kelley-run all over Bajor for really a long time, interpsersed with odd runny-talky-things and the occasional holo deck action. Oh, and a whack-a-space-moles-radio-frequency game.

Now this. some genuine space based tomfoolery in a small ship. Forces those admirals to do wthout their commander level consoles and their serried ranks of phaser banks. Gives the lower ranked players some unabashed space fighter fun.

In the context of the story arc so far, I'd say it was pitch perfect...in both type of action and difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergames View Post
I think this is a lousy mission. The shuttle is so small that I can hardly see it most of the time. When I zoom in, it doesn't stay. I can't tell if I'm facing forward or backward.
I find most Shuttle missions to be this way.They are too Dart like in movement to handle them properly at high speeds to gauge which way it is going.I waited until yesterday to play it for the 1st time after any server overloads and bug patches and went through it without any "hiccups".I found it kind of boring.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Position your ship and camera in a way that your scan object appears by your side not in front of you or below you.
Then the label should be readyble very clearly. I had to look into the pop-up manual every single time and I didn't fail once.. only got jumped by a swarm the first time.
I had the same problem and learned to position my camera so that I was looking down on a larger area and could see behind the dialog box. Only in that way was I able to see the result of the scan in order to take the appropriate action.

The dialog box often covers the scan result or the result appears in a corner.