Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange Issue
02-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I've noticed a number of times when I post something on the exchange it doesn't show up the next day when I do a price check. Is there a new limit on the amount of time items are searchable?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh
I've noticed a number of times when I post something on the exchange it doesn't show up the next day when I do a price check. Is there a new limit on the amount of time items are searchable?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=257411
I am having the same problem, but it seems to be mainly Doffs that are not showing up.

I posted a thread in the game play bugs section and someone told me that it is a known bug, but that Cryptic has made no commment on it to say when, or if they ever plan to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2012, 12:59 PM
The exchange has had issues FOREVER. This might just be the newest one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2012, 01:56 PM
This is an issue that has been reported countless times and has a few threads from the past few weeks alone. However, the dev's just couldn't seem to take notice! Kind of defeats the purpose of having a section for bugs when it does completely ignored by Cryptic and PWE staff.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2012, 02:03 PM
The ALL and ANY conditions have been known to cause search issues on the Exchange on the very beginning, so DON'T USE ANY OR ALL and use more specific search criteria... The Exchange will only look at the first 400 items that match (or partially match) your search terms before giving up and displaying what it has, so when possible use the FULL ITEM Name (e.g. 'Phaser Beam Array Mk X' not, 'Phaser Beam') to cut down on the number of partial matches...

When I check the price of the Tribbles I have for sale on the Exchange, (at a very reasonable price, I may add...) I use...

Tribble (val)
Lt.
Sort by Price
Rare
Personal Device

... for my search criteria, and never have any problems seeing what I have posted (and what price cutters have posted) for sale... Other items will require the same attention to detail when searching if you want a current listing of whats posted on the Exchange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
This is an issue that has been reported countless times and has a few threads from the past few weeks alone. However, the dev's just couldn't seem to take notice! Kind of defeats the purpose of having a section for bugs when it does completely ignored by Cryptic and PWE staff.
Its not that they are ignoring the issue, its that it would be very costly to address the issue... The Exchange is flawed by design, but its so integrated into so many items and character listings that it would take months of work to design and implement a replacement, with a very high probability of something crucial being broken along the way...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The ALL and ANY conditions have been known to cause search issues on the Exchange on the very beginning, so DON'T USE ANY OR ALL and use more specific search criteria... The Exchange will only look at the first 400 items that match (or partially match) your search terms before giving up and displaying what it has, so when possible use the FULL ITEM Name (e.g. 'Phaser Beam Array Mk X' not, 'Phaser Beam') to cut down on the number of partial matches...

When I check the price of the Tribbles I have for sale on the Exchange, (at a very reasonable price, I may add...) I use...

Tribble (val)
Lt.
Sort by Price
Rare
Personal Device
With Duty Officers you can search by first name evidently (Should be by specialty, but its not), but even if you have the only copy up for sale and you price it for less than the most expensive duty officer that is listed for that rarity class it will not show up in a regular search. It should bump a more expensive Doff off the 400 item search result and replace it with yours.

If they are not going to fix the exhange then they at least need to explain to people how the darn thing works in terms of deciding why some things show up and others don't because as it is I think it pretty well sux.

I think the problem is the size of the data base for the exchanged is not big enough to handle everyones transactions on it. They have it programmed to only recognize so many entries of a particular item and once the limit is reached anyone else who places another one for sale on the exchange is ignored for display search purposes even if the price is lower than something else in that same catagory.