Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2012, 02:46 PM
I always seem to move back to the borg set in the end. It always remains consistent compared to the rest! Borg for the win!!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
quoting self = full of win!

anywho, let me clear that up...in my defiant i had to move the cloaking console back to the engie slot, which i had been running 2 eps, and a neutronium. so, we're not dropping the eps there...so neutronium had to go. and to max out flow capacitors i pulled the +35 to fit 2 flow cap consoles. also messed around with swapping out a non-set deflector too....

all in all...running (and maxing) tet glyder on a defiant became very pricey. loss of at least 1 set bonus, +35 shields, and no room for any lolconsoles.

that did get me up to about 90 i think, which lamid had posted above. either way it ended up just being to hard to max, so, i put everything back as it was, no consoles, no deflector ect....and back to just an average proc of 50 or so.

thanks aldo for expressing basically this while i couldnt post. -shifty eyes-

horizon
lol you guys make me laugh. running 2 eps consoles? why from full impulse to fighting? its not going to help with your dps to recover from a beam overload 3. right now i have the omega engine and defelctor maco sheild. in my skill tree i have the vamp skill maxed out. also in my sci slot on defiant i have borg console and the vamp console. in my passive list i am at 125 in the vamp skill.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
I always seem to move back to the borg set in the end. It always remains consistent compared to the rest! Borg for the win!!
yea agreed... and i hope they fix power insulators first before they do anything to the glider.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-27-2012, 02:55 PM
i cant wait till they make that max sheild console go back to using the skill.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Fixing broken things on the skill tree can take literally forever, just ask our good friend susbsytem repair.

If Cryptic wasn't Cryptic I would agree that it would be best to wait till counters get fixed. As it stands, it's bloody obvious that even if the counter was working the glider would need a massive nerf. Even a small amount of extra damage that ignores shield resists is always going to be worthwhile, but a huge amount is completely unbalancing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
i cant wait till they make that max sheild console go back to using the skill.
any word on when they are going back??
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
not yet. but i doubt the change will get a roll back. i think they said it will just because they ****ed off alot of people using it. i had a guy try to defend it in my ts saying tanks need it because escourts pop tanks so easy. i just did not want to tell him to stop using so much dps and go into tank mode.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
Fixing broken things on the skill tree can take literally forever, just ask our good friend susbsytem repair.

If Cryptic wasn't Cryptic I would agree that it would be best to wait till counters get fixed. As it stands, it's bloody obvious that even if the counter was working the glider would need a massive nerf. Even a small amount of extra damage that ignores shield resists is always going to be worthwhile, but a huge amount is completely unbalancing.
dont forget that not only do users get the glider, they also get more acc and a buff to vamping.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Frigging glider is actually more punch per shot than a Tetryon Weapon Proc. By a Crap Ton.
It actually makes Tets pointless (unless you are combining Tets with the glider)

It needs to just be removed from the game. It's stupid beyond words and there's no point in pvping without it on your ship. Borg? Junk. Maco? Junk, Aegis? LOL, (not even going to mention the breen cause that set is true fail to the point that even standard gear is better)
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Frigging glider is actually more punch per shot than a Tetryon Weapon Proc. By a Crap Ton.
It actually makes Tets pointless (unless you are combining Tets with the glider)

It needs to just be removed from the game. It's stupid beyond words and there's no point in pvping without it on your ship. Borg? Junk. Maco? Junk, Aegis? LOL, (not even going to mention the breen cause that set is true fail to the point that even standard gear is better)
just get all tets on the ship, play mission new link get dule beam bank, 2 copies of over load 3 and its full of win. but look at the new jem set. we all know where this game is going. i really hate f2p now. its full of fail.