Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Err should you really be advertising for the game in an STO forum haha...one thign ot talk about it and suggest one to give it a try, but this seems more along the lines of "Hey everyone, download this"
Well... a dev posted the same thing here 2 days ago. No one thinks to check the search function for "artemis" before making a new thread.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2012, 07:22 AM
lol at one of the adverts tag line.

warp 4 engage.

that bad eh?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
lol at one of the adverts tag line.

warp 4 engage.

that bad eh?
That's the maximum warp factor in the Artemis game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the criticism! The game is being developed by a very small indie dev team. On little to no budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonass
WOW! The commercial looks like crap, epic fail on the stellar level graphics alone just for a short cinematic could/should have been better for a teaser trailer all it did was to make me not want to never revisit the website and thread Fail fail fail people donít even bother past this point.

Can i please have that time you made me waste back

if i did not make myself clear " this sucked"

Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2012, 07:30 AM
I posted it here becasue it's a Star Trek esque game. What better place to get Star Trek esque players to notice it? The lead dev for Artemis used to work for Interplay and actually worked on many of the past Star Trek games. This is the audience he is going for.

Quote:
Err should you really be advertising for the game in an STO forum haha...one thign ot talk about it and suggest one to give it a try, but this seems more along the lines of "Hey everyone, download this"
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvMAN-DGI-
That's the maximum warp factor in the Artemis game.
and as someone who the game is trying to advertise to, i would not know that. most people associate warp with its maximum being around 9 or 10.

saying warp 4 as a tag line does not scream that its brilliant. its suggests its actually quite slow. maybe im being picky but to me that is not a good line to use when appealing to star trek fans at least.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvMAN-DGI-
I posted it here becasue it's a Star Trek esque game. What better place to get Star Trek esque players to notice it? The lead dev for Artemis used to work for Interplay and actually worked on many of the past Star Trek games. This is the audience he is going for.
Actually the fact that it's technically using material very similiar and obvious tweaked a bit from Star Trek is a nice problem with copyrights. Something is telling me this thing should even be allowed to run.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2012, 10:20 AM
The game is a blast. Yes the GFX are not that of an "AAA" title. But its more about the gameplay and the social gaming experience. Just being able to recreate a "bridge" like setup with each system controlled by a different individual, all being yelled at , er commanded by a captain is a blast. Then when you pit multiple ships, each with their own crew of 5, against each other. Totally awesome chaos! The sector space is randomly generated for each play through. There are also scripted mission you can choose from.

I would love to hear of your experience with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Some of you may have seen articles fly around the net a few months back, about a Google engineer who built his house with LAN parties in mind. Exhibit A

As it happens, this Google engineer is a friend of mine (and several current & former Cryptic employees), and we've been to his house for a fair number of LAN parties since he completed the house last year.

The latest LAN party announcement went out this week, with a bit of a twist. This time, my friend has come across something called "Artemis Starship Bridge Simulator" Exhibit B

The house is set up with 6 computers in two rooms, so it seems like it's the perfect set up for this game. Or this game is the perfect game for this house, or something.

Have any of you messed with this before? I had never heard of it before the party announcement, but am looking forward to trying it out. Anyone have any advice? Previous experiences? Anything to give me leg up on the other room!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Something is telling me this thing should even be allowed to run.
Are we a tad cranky today, or does PARAMOUNT need to make it an official Start Trek brand game in order for you to even give it the time of day? Yes it's basically Star Trek without being Star Trek. This guy worked for Interplay back when they had the rights to the Star Trek franchise. This was a game that was pitched to Interplay/Paramount and they didn't go for it. This guy is just making the Bridge Simulator that he had always envisioned. Instead of being so negative, why don't you grab some friends, get the demo and give it a whirl. It's a very fun time to be had.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Tummer Boi ? Can you make a STF like this ? Where you and your team are sitting on a Bridge and you have to complete a mission together ?