Lt. Commander
# 1 Resource inventory?
02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Why do our resources(anomalies) share the same inventory space as our gear? Why doesnt our ship have a cargo hold for resource storage that is separate from standard commonly used gear and equipment?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Why do our resources(anomalies) share the same inventory space as our gear? Why doesnt our ship have a cargo hold for resource storage that is separate from standard commonly used gear and equipment?
I agree with you, I'd really like a cargo hold on my ship to put resources. Even if it is something I have to buy in the C-Store to have on my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 09:10 AM
I would tend to agree with you, but one thing I will point out.

I think that ships should also 'scale' inventory of such things. Such as a Defiant class ship just cant hold as much as an Excelsior. (I also think the same about the doff system as well but thats another thread).

OK I admit it, this is my excuse to get everyone to start flying real ships and not glass cannons
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
In many ways it would be nice to have more segregated inventory spaces. Even a sort filter would help.

Unfortunately segregating inventories might mean we would have to purchase fewer bank or inventory expansions. This is a reasonable thing to charge for (so long as they don't go too much further pumping high drop rate, low stack items).

Frankly inventory in general makes little to no sense. You just have to go along with it, a sort of necessary evil of the RPG genera.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 09:13 AM
I generally put my "cargo" into my Bank. I can access it in-game withing needing to have it in my personal inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
I would tend to agree with you, but one thing I will point out.

I think that ships should also 'scale' inventory of such things. Such as a Defiant class ship just cant hold as much as an Excelsior. (I also think the same about the doff system as well but thats another thread).

OK I admit it, this is my excuse to get everyone to start flying real ships and not glass cannons
The vast majority of ships at end game are cruisers. This is not a problem for STO or canon.

If there are to be game play based limitations for having a smaller ship, then there must also be game play benefits for having a smaller ship. As we will never see missions making use of our ship in that way, it is unreasonable for us to limit inventory.

The DOff system represents officers and civilians who fall under your command umbrella, not necessarily individuals who are twiddling their thumbs aboard your current ship. The real navy works this way as well, with crew members on leave or other duties while the ship is at sea.

This is also not a suspension of disbelief problem. It has been covered extensively in the DOff section of the forums for anyone else who may be interested.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
I agree with you, I'd really like a cargo hold on my ship to put resources. Even if it is something I have to buy in the C-Store to have on my ship.
Apparently we do have a cargo hold in our doff window...but it's not a true cargo hold with actually HOLDING our anomolies, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Apparently we do have a cargo hold in our doff window...but it's not a true cargo hold with actually HOLDING our anomolies, etc.
The Cargo Hold screen shows what you have in your Bank and in your Character Inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
People have been asking for a bettery sorting system for our inventory for quite some time. Either we need to have better sorting and a larger inventory, or we need to have the same inventory with additional cargo space within our ships. Cryptic has known about this for a long time, and they just haven't done anything about it. I'm not sure why either.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The Cargo Hold screen shows what you have in your Bank and in your Character Inventory.
Hense the not holding that I Was talkign about...I say make the doof one our actual cargo bay, to save up space in our invertories/banks.