Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I'm not sure why either.
I can only assume you are being funny here? When you have X amount of man-power and Y amount of things that need to get done you need to prioritize. I'm sure a new inventory system is somewhere on page 8 of the things they need to get done.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Hense the not holding that I Was talkign about...I say make the doof one our actual cargo bay, to save up space in our invertories/banks.
Ultimately you'd just be decreasing each category to achieve different sections - 72 would just be broken in 2 groups of 36 or 3 groups of 24. They're not going to give you more Inventory space without paying for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I can only assume you are being funny here? When you have X amount of man-power and Y amount of things that need to get done you need to prioritize. I'm sure a new inventory system is somewhere on page 8 of the things they need to get done.
I'm being completely serious. People have been asking for it (a better sorting system for inventory) since early 2010 when I first started playing. Back then, there was plenty of man power for it.

Are you proposing a solution, or are you just going to use the same argument of X amount of man power and Y amount of things to be done argument? At least if we bring it to their attention, they'll put it higher up on their list. Also, I think it's funny how you think you know where it is on their list, assuming it is even on their list.

Edit: Another thing that baffles me is during all of that work that went towards the f2p conversion, didn't any of the devs bring up the need to put in a some sorting options? Just putting an option like Sort by type (sorts by putting equipment into top rows, putting miscellaneous into middle two rows, and putting anomalies into last two rows) would have gone a long way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-28-2012, 10:05 AM
I agree a "cargo hold" would be fantastic. But just limit it to crafting resources. The amount of space would be based on one of each type. Have the ghosted image of each type in each square.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
We've had this discussion in some form since the game has been in beta. Game mechanic-wise they actually did have a concept that bank space changed with ship class in early beta, but it was deemed unfair for players that like to fly anything other than a cruiser. THere was also a brief moment in beta where the inventory tab was split between ground and space inventories, and you had to plan what you carried with you on the ground before you beamed down (iirc you only had 10 slots for ground access), and while on the ground you couldn't access anything in the ship inventory area.

The way I see it now, our "bank" is our ship's cargo hold, since it goes wherever we go and if we need commodities or resources for crafting or Aid the Planet or DOff assignments we pull it right out. Although currently it is set up rather obtusely in that we can't manage this area from within our ship interiors and have to manage it from exterior station cargo management console interfaces (or calling up some merchant freighter? What are they doing with all our cargo?).

Meanwhile our "inventory" is our ready cargo bay. In other words, things that will more likely be accessed on a regular basis or required for quick gear swaps go in the ready cargo bay, while things not needing to be regularly accessed get stored back in the ship's hold. This is not unlike how you store things that you need on a regular basis in a more accessible area (like a closet or a garage), while things you want to keep but don't need to fiddle with all the time go up in the attic or the basement.

EDIT: Also if any devs are reading this, I'd like to rename the "bank" to "Stowage" or "Storage" or just "Cargo" or anything other than "Bank"... since it's a place where we stow our items, not a financial institution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I'm being completely serious. People have been asking for it (a better sorting system for inventory) since early 2010 when I first started playing. Back then, there was plenty of man power for it.

Are you proposing a solution, or are you just going to use the same argument of X amount of man power and Y amount of things to be done argument? At least if we bring it to their attention, they'll put it higher up on their list. Also, I think it's funny how you think you know where it is on their list, assuming it is even on their list.
Out of all the things this game needs I don't think you'd find too many that would consider Inventory Sorting to be anywhere near a priority. Read some of your own suggestions in other threads and I doubt even you'd put this in the top 25.

Plus this type of tab inventory system was in the game in Beta, and was rejected as unliked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
The way I see it now, our "bank" is our ship's cargo hold, since it goes wherever we go and if we need commodities or resources for crafting or Aid the Planet or DOff assignments we pull it right out. Although currently it is set up rather obtusely in that we can't manage this area from within our ship interiors and have to manage it from exterior station cargo management console interfaces (or calling up some merchant freighter? What are they doing with all our cargo?).

.
Good point. It would be very cool if we could access our bank inventory from within our ship every 5 minutes or so. Maybe that's the best solution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Out of all the things this game needs I don't think you'd find too many that would consider Inventory Sorting to be anywhere near a priority. Read some of your own suggestions in other threads and I doubt even you'd put this in the top 25.

Plus this type of tab inventory system was in the game in Beta, and was rejected as unliked.
Yeah, yeah. lol. I concede that it probably shouldn't be high on the list. Sounds like somebody's been reading my suggestions

It would still be nice if we could designate certain areas of our inventory to be for only certain types of items. For example, when I press F12 to customize the interface, maybe there would be options to change inventory blocks from all general to specific types.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-28-2012, 12:38 PM
We need another page for resources and a stasis box for tribbles!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd be happy to have bank and shuttle access from Cargo Holds.

I think the big necessary thing to flesh out ship interiors is to fold social dimensions into that gameplay.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.