Lt. Commander
Fatal error: Cannot enumerate display modes for adapter "ATI radeon HD 5670" output "\\.\DISPLAY2\

I don't even know what that means, anyway the game crashed after many days of enjoyed gameplay and now this.
Does anyone have a suggestion? I am going to reinstall the game and see if that helps, but might be nice to know what else there could be done.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Okay so I reinstalled the game and to no effect. The same fatal error appears and I get the "repport error" box.

So.... Help! I wanna play but I can't, help!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
DISPLAY2 ????

Are you running, (or configured for) Multiple Monitors??? Or have Multiple Graphic Cards???
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 05:21 PM
I am running two monitors, or rather one monitor and my TV through HDMI. That my monitor is Display 2 is automatic.

Edit:
Okay so I disconnected my TV and now it works.
Really, I never had this kind of problem before, so why now? If anyone knows the answer I am still very interrested in an answer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 05:21 PM
As Grouchy asked, is your system setup for multiple monitors? Also, this error is related to your graphics card, not the game. However, you might want to head over to ATI's site and download/install the updated drivers. Typically when you get errors like this, it's related to a damaged .dll file in the driver's installed folder.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
I'll try updating my software and see where that will leave me, execpt an update so others won't be as clueless as me
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortium
I'll try updating my software and see where that will leave me, execpt an update so others won't be as clueless as me
Keep in mind that's only a suggestion. If that doesn't do the trick, just unplug your TV while you play, probably won't get the error anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
It worked!
I am happy to say that it worked, everything is back to normal. I don't know if it was the game that screwed it up or just bad luck, but whatever it was it is gone now