Lt. Commander
Hi,

I logged in about an nour and a half ago for a quick check of something but when I closed the client it restarted the start-up sequence and downloaded a large patch.

I let it finish then closed it only for it to restart again then close itself down without any further patching etc.

What gives?

del
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm having this same issue. I'm posting a link to my screencap below.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...ientPW-STO.jpg

If it's just updating, that's fine. If it's a bug, I'd like to know. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 12:43 AM
I also ran in to this about 15 mins ago after I was suddenly DCed, when I exited the game the launcher poped up an started patching, and I wasn't even logged into the launcher and it was patching I think that was the weirdest part its never patched before you logged in ?

So my question is, What was that patch for! I mean 500MBs ? hmmm
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Same here. Exited the game and the launcher started without me telling it to. It patched 500 MB and closed again.
What the frak was that all about?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi,

Turns out it's a pre-patch.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=257729

del
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Its auto patching the game so it makes patching the game faster when the big patches come out, its not a bug, they have been doing this for almost a year now but some players do not realize this so here you go.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarek2165
I'm having this same issue. I'm posting a link to my screencap below.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...ientPW-STO.jpg

If it's just updating, that's fine. If it's a bug, I'd like to know. Thanks.
I'm very concerned with this as there's nothing else on the launcher, ie: the cryptic store items, news, etc. That tells me there's data that's being restricted by something. The typical reaction would be to say that there's an issue with your firewall. Do me a favor, test this theory out by disabling your firewall, you can typically do this by right-clicking on your firewall icon in the bottom right of your screen or near your clock if you've modified your desktop and select disable, or deactivate, or something along those lines. If you cannot do that, please see the documentation that accompanies your firewall software to find out just how to do that.

Once you've tested this out, please by all means let me know and we'll go from there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
I'm very concerned with this as there's nothing else on the launcher, ie: the cryptic store items, news, etc. That tells me there's data that's being restricted by something. The typical reaction would be to say that there's an issue with your firewall. Do me a favor, test this theory out by disabling your firewall, you can typically do this by right-clicking on your firewall icon in the bottom right of your screen or near your clock if you've modified your desktop and select disable, or deactivate, or something along those lines. If you cannot do that, please see the documentation that accompanies your firewall software to find out just how to do that.

Once you've tested this out, please by all means let me know and we'll go from there.
That's okay. The firewall isn't causing any data exclusion. The client works fine, this just happens after I quit the game, and it's only downloaded a patch once. According to PW_Branflakes, the client now does this when it exits, and only in preparation for the latest patch or a major content update.