Lt. Commander
# 1 Stacking consoles question
02-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Stacking consoles

Can someone refresh my memory? I have forgotten if you can stack Plasma Distribution Manifolds with a +3.5 rating?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeh, you can. Last time I checked the only consoles you need to watch out for are: the Armor consoles (they have diminishing returns) and the shield strength console (doesn't stack).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat View Post
Yeh, you can. Last time I checked the only consoles you need to watch out for are: the Armor consoles (they have diminishing returns) and the shield strength console (doesn't stack).

Thanks! Can you elaborate on the diminishing returns on armor stacking? I.e. simple example?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh... I dont have any numbers but I can do a quick example.

Normally you can put 1 armor console on your ship and get the full effect, say +15 all plasma resistance. If you put another console which reduced the same damage type, you'd still get the benefit but just not all of it. So, adding another +15 plasma resistance console would get you a total plasma resistance of around 26ish instead of 30.

The more consoles you stack, the higher the loss you experience.

I BELIEVE you can equip different resistances and get the full benefit for each, but I haven't done it in a LONG time so I cant be sure.

And I'm going to restate... those numbers are completely made up, they're just examples.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat View Post
Oh... I dont have any numbers but I can do a quick example.

Normally you can put 1 armor console on your ship and get the full effect, say +15 all plasma resistance. If you put another console which reduced the same damage type, you'd still get the benefit but just not all of it. So, adding another +15 plasma resistance console would get you a total plasma resistance of around 26ish instead of 30.

The more consoles you stack, the higher the loss you experience.

I BELIEVE you can equip different resistances and get the full benefit for each, but I haven't done it in a LONG time so I cant be sure.

And I'm going to restate... those numbers are completely made up, they're just examples.

That answer is more then sufficient. A good mid battle explanation . Thank you again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 03:32 PM
I have a further question about console stacking. If you have something like a monotanium console (just kinetic resistance) and then something like neutronium console (kinetic and energy resistance), would the kinetic portions of the resistance on the second console give diminishing returns? Or does that only happen for consoles of the same type? What about something like neutronium + polyduranium?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoe1574 View Post
Thanks! Can you elaborate on the diminishing returns on armor stacking? I.e. simple example?
Armor gives damage reduction like this (in a simplified form).

base damage / ( 1 + armor total/100 ) == net damage.

Armor total is the sum of all of your armor consoles, damage resistance buffs, traits, etc.

There is a another factor in the damage resistance equation to begins to flatten out the resistance curve for obscenely high levels of armor. You won't be affected by the scaling factor at the normal armor totals that most players will use. To be affected by the actr you would have to stack 4 purple armor comsoles, use Aux to SIF III, Polarize the Hull, III, Brace for Impact III, Hazard Emitters, etc. Basically use any and all power and abilities that give hull damage resistance at the same time.
Lt. Commander