Lt. Commander
I was wondering because, once I get the titles of "Chief Science Officer", "Chief Engineer", "Number One" and "Chief Medical Officer", I wanted to give them to the four Boffs that I felt should have those.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I haven't tried any kind of titles for my Boffs, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks for all the help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Well no, you might get actual get them be that if this ever comes up.

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content#March
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 01:48 AM
That would be fun to have - maybe just tie in the 'first officer's screen on the doff menu to in-game boff titles. Easy to do if they wanted to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Sort of. A few Accolades unlock new rank insignia for your uniforms. I believe "Dilithium Debugging" gets you the title "Chief" for your captain, but also unlocks a "chief" rank badge. I've applied that to my Borg engineering officer. In my mind, she's an NCO that I've assigned Chief of Operations.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 08:54 AM
You can't give your BOFFs titles directly. But you can give them their rank pip by editing their costumes. Gold accounts get a few costume changes when you rank up, but you also get one for your BOFFs. (I don't know about Silver Accounts)

And inside of the Duty Officer System, you can appoint your BOFFS as department heads (Chief Engineer, Head of Security, etc) including First Officer. It's mostly just a place holder for the neat phase of the Duty Officer system.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
While not the same thing as giving a title to a BOff, you can go into your character management form (U), select a BOff and press the 'Edit Record' button on the lower left corner of the 'Status' tab. You will see a Short Name field on the popup. It's free form and actually quite a large field. Just type in a combined title and name for your BOff there. You do have to clear out the separate first, middle and last name fields so that the game is forced to use your BOff''s 'short' name.

Caveat: This cost me 3000 EC (?!) per name change... Silver account.

The titles and names show up well when you are on away team missions, but long names can mess up the other station and away team buttons in the character management form pretty badly. I do not know what other players would see if they were with your BOff?

Let's hope they just add in a separate title field for the BOffs at some point?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Or better yet, automatically integrate the 'first officer' assignments with the officer's in-game name. So if you appoint someone as a first officer, you automatically have the 'first officer' title applied.