Lt. Commander
# 21
02-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Why do our resources(anomalies) share the same inventory space as our gear? Why doesnt our ship have a cargo hold for resource storage that is separate from standard commonly used gear and equipment?
yes please!
Lt. Commander
# 22 Guild Wars did it right
02-28-2012, 01:55 PM
There are probably over a hundred collector items similar to our commodities that stack in Guild Wars. You used to have to put them all in your inventory or storage chest. Then they came up with a page that had tiny icons of all of them and you could put a stack of each of them on one page, easily accessible and allowing people to actually keep them instead of selling them off as junk.

I'd like to see that in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-28-2012, 02:02 PM
My ears are starting to look like yours Nagus. I also need more space because of all the junk I collect. I'd like to mut my EC to use and buy inventory Tabs like a fleet bank.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Why do our resources(anomalies) share the same inventory space as our gear? Why doesnt our ship have a cargo hold for resource storage that is separate from standard commonly used gear and equipment?
Excellent question. One possible solution would be to treat resources like currency so they don't take physical storage space anymore. I'd also consider switching schematics over to this system if implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd be happy to have bank and shuttle access from Cargo Holds.

I think the big necessary thing to flesh out ship interiors is to fold social dimensions into that gameplay.
How about we take shuttle access one step further than you're suggesting? Why not actually have a shuttle bay in our ship that contains 2 of our shuttles and be able to fly out of your ship's shuttle bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
There are probably over a hundred collector items similar to our commodities that stack in Guild Wars. You used to have to put them all in your inventory or storage chest. Then they came up with a page that had tiny icons of all of them and you could put a stack of each of them on one page, easily accessible and allowing people to actually keep them instead of selling them off as junk.

I'd like to see that in STO.
So, separate pages for certain items? I'm down for that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Nagus I agree with you 100%... that is the biggest thing keeping me from crafting is the fact that all my resources are in the same place as my other junk.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Anomalies we collect are technically just data. So space for them could be in our ship's memory.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-29-2012, 04:07 AM
I agree would be nice would even purchase from the C-store if needed.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-29-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Out of all the things this game needs I don't think you'd find too many that would consider Inventory Sorting to be anywhere near a priority. Read some of your own suggestions in other threads and I doubt even you'd put this in the top 25.

Plus this type of tab inventory system was in the game in Beta, and was rejected as unliked.
Inventory is the most used "feature" in the game. This is why I love games that have mod support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macerx View Post
I agree would be nice would even purchase from the C-store if needed.
Definitely.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-29-2012, 05:04 AM
maybe they could like some sort of ship inventory to the type of ship you choose. so a Galaxy would have a bigger amount of storage for things like self sealing stem bolts and shield generators and anomalies than a defiant class. I think this idea would add another consideration to choosing ships and will also add to the idea of what the ships role is