Lt. Commander
# 1 Spock from the Data Recorder
02-29-2012, 04:47 AM
hello,

could someone maybe "BranFlakes" post the stats from the "Data Recorder Spock". I think he looks really original and i want to use it for my toon and BO.

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 04:48 AM
We (the players) are not allowed to use actor-likenesses, as far as I know. So no Spock-toon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Wouldn count on it...

Cryptic prefers if the players avoid re-creating real life characters, and since that Spock is... close enough, I dont think they will..
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Cryptic doesn't care if you "recreate" the look of Spock. Vulcans have pointy ears and the Spock hairstyle is in the game for that very reason.

There have been a zillion different threads from players showing off how close they can get to recognizable characters. Picards. Kirks. Datas (long before android BOFFs existed). Heck, half the crazy crazy female hairstyles added into the game post-launch were there because of Janeway's hilariously shifting hairstyles in Voyager. It was both a chance to add more customization AND have an inside joke go live.

Leviathan would probably be one of the best people to ask about what choices were made with the Spock in this game. He's been one of the most detailed and on point "re-Creation-ists" in the forums. He still has the best looking Picard I've seen to date.

This is actually one of the more fun and engaging uses in character creator. One of my characters has a Vulcan science officer, Sypok, who is an attempt to recreate the Spock look. This is very much allowed. So have at it.