Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2012, 01:22 PM
So is the complete borg set allowed?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Yep. As the borg shields are a very very risky proposition in shuttle craft.

The Yellowsnow's engine is however retardedly powerful and I seriously am having a hard time believe cryptic really did this one with pve in mind. who outside of me takes a shuttle into pve beyond the Vault missions right? They did this to slap us in the face and it could hardly be more blatant.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
who outside of me takes a shuttle into pve beyond the Vault missions right?
*raises hand*

But anyway, this week's episode (Operation Gamma) is apparently a shuttlecraft mission, so they're releasing a +1 shuttle, just like before The Vault. I guess this one needed to be even more desireable than the Delta Flyer to ensure sales...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-26-2012, 03:59 AM
The engine power does not deal damage. All it does is slow down ships with a chance to proc their engines. The Engine itself is rather nice and very fast.

What about the ol' Tal'kyr? Its special ability may not be so awesome but it is, stat-wise, a very powerful ship by comparison to other "Small Ships".

Also you can now put the Bio-Neural Warhead and a lot of wicked Consoles on the Tu'Doj (SP?) Fighter for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Yep. As the borg shields are a very very risky proposition in shuttle craft.

The Yellowsnow's engine is however retardedly powerful and I seriously am having a hard time believe cryptic really did this one with pve in mind. who outside of me takes a shuttle into pve beyond the Vault missions right? They did this to slap us in the face and it could hardly be more blatant.
No, the Yellowstone is tailored for the Operation Gamma mission. It is incredible helpful in it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
The engine power does not deal damage. All it does is slow down ships with a chance to proc their engines. The Engine itself is rather nice and very fast.

What about the ol' Tal'kyr? Its special ability may not be so awesome but it is, stat-wise, a very powerful ship by comparison to other "Small Ships".

Also you can now put the Bio-Neural Warhead and a lot of wicked Consoles on the Tu'Doj (SP?) Fighter for the KDF.
Yeah. that "all it does"? Is utterly devastating in shuttle wars. Warp Plasma isn't dangerous because it does damage. It's dangerous cause it can totally hose the defense score of an entire enemy team when deployed correctly. Shuttles have exactly Zero counters to warp plasma slow.

The Talkyr actually sucks in combat due to it's bridge officer layout.

And you clearly haven't shuttle warred before. All that console crap is also banned for the same reason the yellowsnow engine is.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Yeah. that "all it does"? Is utterly devastating in shuttle wars. Warp Plasma isn't dangerous because it does damage. It's dangerous cause it can totally hose the defense score of an entire enemy team when deployed correctly. Shuttles have exactly Zero counters to warp plasma slow.

The Talkyr actually sucks in combat due to it's bridge officer layout.

And you clearly haven't shuttle warred before. All that console crap is also banned for the same reason the yellowsnow engine is.
I have not warred with the main group, no. The Tal'kyr has 2 Sci Officers, true, but it is far more powerful in terms of tank than any other shuttle and if you actually were using it as a support craft it could be a great healer.

Just be glad the new warp plasma physics do not stop you completely like they used to. These days you can Evasive right out of them if nothing else is holding you down. Also, you may downplay the Warp Plasma damage but I suspect you would reconsider when you are burning from a Hargh'peng, being crushed in a GW III, and being Broiled by EWP all with maxed Particle Generators. That is a LOT of Hull damage and it can be rather deadly.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Shuttle heals just aren't strong enough to make the Talkyr viable. We have seen it time and time again by very good pilots using them.

One of my Bo1s can nail another shuttle for 44k. Shuttles have less than half of that all together for hp and shields.
Even a moderate BO1 crit is going to completely maim a shuttle, even a Talkyr with Sci Fleet active (I'm still sorry about that Mustrum!)

Warp Plasma comes close enough to a full stop, especially with the proper Doff. (which you'd be silly to not use) It's slow is very strong in pvp, in shuttle wars it would be beyond the pale.

Sure, Warp Plas dot's effective while caught in GWs, and being pounded by say DEM. That being said, the DOT isn't why you use it initially. It's all about slow stop, and trash clearing effect.