Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Have I missed anything good?
02-27-2012, 12:48 AM
I've become one of the on-again, off-again players. RA was frankly repetitive grinding the same missions and hit and miss with multiplayer.

I can't remember the last time I played, but it was when people were still wondering how F2P was going to be.

So, now that F2P is here, what can I expect? What has changed, what's still fun, and what if anything has improved?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Well... The (borg) STF's have each been broken into 2 parts, both parts running about 15-30 mins, and now have both normal and Elite difficulty, and have been dumbed down 10-15 notches.

All medals and emblems have been cooked together into a single currency "Dilithium".

A New Featured Series is currently running.

LOTS of UI updates.

Skill system have received a dumb-down overhaul.

The Duty Officer system is probably the biggest news. It's essencially a glorified puzzle, that allows you to micro manage simulated crew and send them on missions and stuff like that.
Look for the icon just under your minimap (i belive it's the second from the left). Alternatively you can write this command in your chat: /bind . doff
Now whenever you press the period key, the DuOff UI comes up.
Doing theese missions can grant you anything from a Bridge officer to passive bonusses.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
All medals and emblems have been cooked together into a single currency "Dilithium".
Now that was a sorely needed change - too many forms of "currency" before. Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
I've become one of the on-again, off-again players. RA was frankly repetitive grinding the same missions and hit and miss with multiplayer.

I can't remember the last time I played, but it was when people were still wondering how F2P was going to be.

So, now that F2P is here, what can I expect? What has changed, what's still fun, and what if anything has improved?
Consider leveling up a new character. You'd be amazed at how fast you reach max level with the new Duty Officer system.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
Now that was a sorely needed change - too many forms of "currency" before. Thanks for the info.
Yea... Instead we now have:

C-Points
Dilithium
Energy Credits
Gold Pressed Latinum
Borg Salvage (2 Types)
Borg Tech (12 types)
Encrypted Data Chips
3 Types of Drops from the Defera Invasion zone ("crafting material")

They say things have improoved... in reality... They've merely made them less appearant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Yea... Instead we now have:

C-Points
Dilithium
Energy Credits
Gold Pressed Latinum
Borg Salvage (2 Types)
Borg Tech (12 types)
Encrypted Data Chips
3 Types of Drops from the Defera Invasion zone ("crafting material")

They say things have improoved... in reality... They've merely made them less appearant.
Bah. The types of currencies in World of ******** are far more numerous and confusing, if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
Bah. The types of currencies in World of ******** are far more numerous and confusing, if you ask me.
I do not play the game that screwed the ******** franchise, so I would'n know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
Bah. The types of currencies in World of ******** are far more numerous and confusing, if you ask me.
to be fair, the OLD currencies were USELESS at endgame, all those Tier 1 - 4 Marks and Badges just sat there unable to get anything good for it.

I don't think the major complaint was not the *number* of currencies but that they are just useless.

Dilithium has changed all that.

The STF Items can be turned into dilithium as well, not the biggest bang for your buck but the option is there.


The Deferi event currency... well the good thing about it is that you only need to grind ONE of those faster remodulators, when you get the STF Armor set with the instant Remodulator you can mail the 3 second remodulator to one of your ALTs or sell it in the exchange for a bazillion EC, +1 for NOT BOUND.



...oh and the game is no longer "Pay 2 Win" it is now "Pay for Loot"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Q's "wheres Sulu?" joke.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-29-2012, 05:35 AM
To be completely fair to the current list of currencies, Gold Pressed Latinum is as close to useless as the old low tier badges were. You could still get "items" from those badges, which you could then sell or use to equip alts with if they were tradable like consoles. Not much of a use, I know. But GPL has really limited use as well.

Food for thought.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 AM.