Lt. Commander
# 1 Starship Weapon Controls
02-27-2012, 04:13 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the weapon controls on your ship? it seems to me every time I get a new ship the layout of what key results in what weapon is incredible inconvient. and many ore something like "C3" (which I don't even know what it means). So is there a way to change what keys result in what weapon on your ship?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Yes, you can drag & drop your weapons to whatever hotbar position that you want. C1 = CTRL + 1, A1 = ALT +1, in case you were wondering. If you want to put a weapon in an easier to reach position you may do so by simply moving it lower.

However, you may or may not be aware that your weapons can also be controlled by the spacebar (for beam weapons) and even set to autofire mode as well - Right click on the weapon and it's box will turn green. That means that autofire is turned on.

I hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
I thought space bar was to fire all weapons, including projectiles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
I thought space bar was to fire all weapons, including projectiles.
By default space bar is all energy weapons and space bar + ctr is all projectile weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinistarOne
Yes, you can drag & drop your weapons to whatever hotbar position that you want. C1 = CTRL + 1, A1 = ALT +1, in case you were wondering. If you want to put a weapon in an easier to reach position you may do so by simply moving it lower.

However, you may or may not be aware that your weapons can also be controlled by the spacebar (for beam weapons) and even set to autofire mode as well - Right click on the weapon and it's box will turn green. That means that autofire is turned on.

I hope that helps.

Yes, It does. Thank you so much. And everyone else that posted in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
You can also change the keybinding so that spacebar is indeed fire all weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Hmm...if I have torpedoes set to auto-fire, will that initiate torpedo fire if I press the space bar?

Because, I only press the space bar now, and it fires all of my weapons on auto-fire.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-29-2012, 07:54 AM
I think it does. Space bar does the same for me - in that it initiates FIRE ALL WEPON!1 when I'm in range.