Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Interesting...I just asked around about this in billing. This is being investigated so we can fix it, but it's really just a minor error - you should still be getting charged the proper amount, and it should be getting applied to STO, not Champions, regardless of the label on your statement.

If I hear anything new, or different than that, I'll make mention of it here for you all.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Interesting...I just asked around about this in billing. This is being investigated so we can fix it, but it's really just a minor error - you should still be getting charged the proper amount, and it should be getting applied to STO, not Champions, regardless of the label on your statement.

If I hear anything new, or different than that, I'll make mention of it here for you all.
Thanks for the update!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakotay317
Or do this.. go to paypal.. set-up an account and put credit card... my pay pal is saying cryptic.
Im sorry but my credit card is being charged Paypal-Cryptic. That better then everyone I think...
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Did you update your billing information? You aren't charged for the year until your initial 30 days are done, so if in the meantime your CC was canceled (by you) how could they charge you?
I went back and checked, I used my other credit card. I did check that account though (to be safe with all the complains) and sure enough I was charged (then charged back)...that's fine, but why was my account SUSPENDED?

Phoxe can this be looked into?
Lt. Commander
# 25 re:
03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
>>I went back and checked, I used my other credit card. I did check that account though (to be safe with all the complains) and sure enough I was charged (then charged back)...that's fine, but why was my account SUSPENDED?

What was suspended? Your credit card (as mine was)? Or your STO account? If you mean your credit card was charged, and then charged back, then it would seem to indicate that the account wasn't paid, so naturally your STO account would be suspended for non payment. If in fact that was the case, no offense meant if I misunderstood you.
Lt. Commander
I was on the phone holding with my bank about to report this as fraud when I decided to google it and found this thread. If Cryptic wants their money and doesn't want charges from them black listed by the credit card companies this needs to be fixed ASAP as I can't imagine I am the only one reporting this to their banks.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe

Some of us aren't getting charged the proper amount. I am currently 11p down. Seems minor. but in accounting and billing, anomolies like this are not acceptable.

So...story goes like this. It's my girlfriend that's paying for it. She just phoned me half an hour ago to ask me what the hell was going on. Here's what she's seeing on her credit card.

On 4th March she was billed 20 something for Champions online

On 5th March she was billed for my STO subscription as expected

The same day, 5th March, the 20 something waa refunded, minus 11p

Cryptic owes her 11p basically.

Sure, 11p is a nominal amount, but how many 11p's have they taken off people? And why has this happened. I don't have anything to do with Champions Online.

Obviously I'm going to phone billing support about it tomorrow once I have a list of the exact charges from her, but this needs to be addressed. If there's even a small chance it's going to happen again next month, I am going to be forced to close down my account. I don't want to do that, I like the game, but I cannot have this nonsense happening. In all the years I have been playing MMO's, nothing even similar to this has ever happened.
Lt. Commander
# 28 CS Champions Online
03-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Late last night after using up my trial, I figured I would go ahead and use the retail code. I found it odd that you would ask for credit card information and a subscription plan at that moment. I tried to exit out but it wouldn't budge. So I went ahead and put in my credit card information anyways.

Well the credit card is actually shared between my Mom and I. She gets a phone call from the credit card fraud alert team and starts asking me what this is all about. I told her I didn't know and I had to retrace my steps. She asked what the charge was for... CS Champions? I had no clue what that meant. She continues to tell me its for Hobbygames? Really? What is that? Well, she didn't want to wait (thinking it was some guy going to start charging thousands of dollars) and put a stop to the card.

We finally figured out exactly what it was, but why did this happen? There could have been a few things you could have done to avoid this. I guess my question is: Will this affect my credit card any? I guess I'll just have to find out later.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-29-2012, 09:52 AM
This is apparently still going on. I have a charge for STO online sub, then I have another pending hold for a dollar from cs Champions Online. Can you seriously fix this after 2 years?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-29-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm hopeful that with the PWE merger these kind of things are been looked into. For now though, I'll be vanquishing this zombie thread
Closed Thread