Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
PVP Feedback: Get rid if Shuttles, Fighters, And all that other spam all over the map. PVP is all about testing each others skill and competing. The AI controlled drones are a complete mess all over the map.

Klingons have a distinct advantage when it comes to this. There are problems with the pvp terrirotry map, but i wont get into those. The Drones/Shuttles/Fighters/birds of prey need to go.

i cant even find my mouse curser on the screen half the time. A lot of times i'm, trying to catch up to a person using full impulse and all of the sudden a rouge fighter htis me with his phasers causing me to go out of full impulse, ruining my chase.

Just disable all that stuff in pvp please, and let the players compete
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't see a principal problem with that feature.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
PVP is all about testing each others skill and competing.
Not necessarily. I couldn't care less about which of us is the most "skilled" so long as the other guy explodes and I don't.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 02:07 AM
IMO, get rid of these things in PVP:

- Doff Bonuses/Perks
- Item Set Bonuses (not necessarily the gear pieces)
- Universal Consoles
- Gambling/Lottery Ships (Galor/Bug)

(oh and: carriers/pets/npcs/fleet support/photofleet... :p)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
A lot of times i'm, trying to catch up to a person using full impulse and all of the sudden a rouge fighter htis me with his phasers causing me to go out of full impulse, ruining my chase.
I didn't know fighters wore cosmetics...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock_Monster View Post

- Doff Bonuses/Perks
- Universal Consoles

What he said, with exception leave my Galor alone lol. I paid alot of credits for that ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Bah, I like the new hotness
02-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock_Monster View Post

- Doff Bonuses/Perks
- Universal Consoles

Respectfully Rock, I have to disagree. I think veteran players tend to get a little stuck in their ways or playstyles. Change isn't a bad thing; I'll certainly agree some of the changes you listed have been somewhat rocky in execution but that doesn't make them terrible moves.

The doff system is fantastic and the best addition to the game in the year or so I've been playing. I'm not an Rper at all but it makes you feel like you are managing crew rather than just flying around with a few BOs on a ship.

Yes, complaints can and have been leveled about some of the buffs doffs provide but I don't believe any of the doff bonuses are soo Uber-cool that they show the system is broken.

The sets are neat. They certainly bring balance issues but I think what the game needs is more of them which are of good quality so one can legitimately fly with the Breen or Jem'hadar set as opposed to us all flying 3 piece Borg plus a diff shield piece. Beyond a need for increased variety and balance my only major complaint is that the sets kind of make the regular stuff you find as drops or can buy from vendors worthless as set items tend to be better. Arguably that makes sense since you have to grind/work for the sets but in my humble opinion doing it that way takes away options from players.

I like universal consoles. I like that they give we the players the choice of where to place a console as opposed to being forced to give up a specific type of console. Once again, I think tweaking the system is better than throwing the baby out with the bath water. Others have said it and I'm warming up to the idea of creating a universal cooldown on consoles.

In terms of the lottery ships, if the choice is either get them this way or CBS won't allow them in game at all, I'll take what I can get.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
Not necessarily. I couldn't care less about which of us is the most "skilled" so long as the other guy explodes and I don't.
this, and lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
Double this, double lol.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm gonna have to side with Rock. Level the field completely in the Arenas and CnH ques and leave it up to skill.
Keep the Open zones as is (but fix the damned spawn points)