Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-28-2012, 06:26 PM
This game caters to carebears. If there is to be an open PvP its going to be an abomination i suspect.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower
This game caters to carebears. If there is to be an open PvP its going to be an abomination i suspect.
Yes, well, this thread is based on the assumption that this won't be the case (defeats the point otherwise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
... ask you all to pretend for a moment that you genuinely believe that the territory control system is going to make PvP awesome.
I'm trying to make a change from doom and gloom here. It'll do us all good.

Besides, if PvPers don't make any suggestions for territory control scenarios (ideally, in a polite and respectful manner), then it probably will end up being an abomination. This thread is mostly for fun, but it is also constructive (sort of).

So, never mind what you expect to see, what kind of PvP battles do you want to see?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post

Hypnotize yourself into imagining STO has a BioWare budget if that helps.
why let myself be that dissapointed?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Besides, if PvPers don't make any suggestions for territory control scenarios (ideally, in a polite and respectful manner), then it probably will end up being an abomination. This thread is mostly for fun, but it is also constructive (sort of).

So, never mind what you expect to see, what kind of PvP battles do you want to see?
rigth because if theres one thing i learned about this game is that cryptic listens to us pvp'rs.... oh wait...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
rigth because if theres one thing i learned about this game is that cryptic listens to us pvp'rs.... oh wait...
*sigh*

You guys are no fun at all.

Territory control is going to be the first real expansion to PvP since launch (supposedly anyway). If there ever was a time when they'd listen...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-29-2012, 04:35 AM
If it does happen I pretty much think it will be how it works in Perfect World (saying PWE are Cryptics new overlords ).

And to be honest that works rather well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Its iether gonna have to be large to support a territory type of give and take in combat or it will most likely end up being another KDF versus Fed CnH like rendition similiar to Ker'rat in that its an open zone that one enters and with multiple zones in existance to satisfy the Player numbers.

Frankly I would like to see several zones lined up in a giant rectangle that are large enough one can not see the otherside much less reach it in 45 seconds that each have Postions to be held.
Make some of these hold positions reset after held for x amount of time and not allow a reholding by the same faction that held them last.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 PM.