Lt. Commander
# 131
02-22-2012, 05:13 AM
I supposedly got a warning. Blank message. I've checked my e-mail. No e-mail. And your support ticket system doesn't work. So there you have it. The natural hat trick. Your system's completely broken. This whole thing is just a messy and still very bad idea.

Good luck with fixing it. My advice is to get it straightened out first and have only employees moderate things while the system's broken. People are getting blank messages and have no idea what it's all about.

The nuts and bolts of how this thing is working is just ... I mean really think about how it works with these bugs right now.

/sigh
Lt. Commander
# 132
02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I Too am concerned with this system now, it doesn't seem to be working, well, tickets are vaporizing into nothingness and I never hear anything, couple this with the problem that the ticket system in game, wont/doesn't show all your tickets and hasn't for a while it gets problematic. Add in that those of us who have cryptic only accounts have to go a back way to get support now, and it gets worse.

Honestly Branflakes if you are willing to take some serious feed back this is what I would give you
1 fix the ticket display issues, ASAP, make it KNOWN that it is buggy too.
2 Reinstate and link the cryptic only support system. I realize and don't like the fact I have to accept substandard support due to my only having a cryptic account, but being nearly locked out of support because of it, is unacceptable.

just some feedback from me, for what it is worth
Lt. Commander
# 133
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
I Too am concerned with this system now, it doesn't seem to be working, well, tickets are vaporizing into nothingness and I never hear anything, couple this with the problem that the ticket system in game, wont/doesn't show all your tickets and hasn't for a while it gets problematic. Add in that those of us who have cryptic only accounts have to go a back way to get support now, and it gets worse.

Honestly Branflakes if you are willing to take some serious feed back this is what I would give you
1 fix the ticket display issues, ASAP, make it KNOWN that it is buggy too.
2 Reinstate and link the cryptic only support system. I realize and don't like the fact I have to accept substandard support due to my only having a cryptic account, but being nearly locked out of support because of it, is unacceptable.

just some feedback from me, for what it is worth
Just to clarify, the community moderators have no access to the ticket system, we only have access to the reported post log's. We don't respond to the people that report posts though, if we had to respond to every person that reports a post we'd be swamped and not actually have times to even moderate the forums! I can assure you that 'every' report get read though, action won't always get taken though since some reported posts are sometimes not breaking any rules and sometimes (since we are volunteers) there might be a time lapse in a moderator been able to go though the report log, so inaction can simply be because a moderator simply isn't online at the time! (On average I spend 2 hours a day just going though the report logs and I'm sure the other 2 guys easily spend just as much time as well).

I think the issues which you are having above though are not really directly related to the community moderation system, but rather the ticket system and the way the GM's address them. (Which the community mod's have no control over).
Lt. Commander
# 134
02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
So Alecto told me to ask this here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Who oversees the Community Moderators anyway? Like, if you have a Community Moderator that has a habit of being a total d-bag and abusing their authority, who do you report that to? Do you have to file a ticket that Cryptic will immediately flush down the commode? Or is there a more effective way of getting the issue addressed?
Lt. Commander
# 135
03-01-2012, 10:01 AM
As was stated in the thread you posted that in, you'd need to submit a ticket. To do so, you'd place it under "communtiy/forum issues" and label it "community moderator issues", that way the relevant staff memeber would get it and be able to handle it.
Lt. Commander
# 136
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
As was stated in the thread you posted that in, you'd need to submit a ticket. To do so, you'd place it under "communtiy/forum issues" and label it "community moderator issues", that way the relevant staff memeber would get it and be able to handle it.
Do those then go straight back to the mods, as was formerly the case, or do they get routed to someone actually empowered to address the issue?
Lt. Commander
# 137
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Do those then go straight back to the mods, as was formerly the case, or do they get routed to someone actually empowered to address the issue?
Moderators have never had access to the support ticket system Ben.
Lt. Commander
# 138
03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
So Alecto told me to ask this here...
To answer your original question, though, Branflakes oversees the community mods, as Community Manager of STO.

EDIT: To clarify, the CM would be their immediate overseer, they actually answer to any of the gold-titled staff.
Lt. Commander
# 139 Warning?
03-07-2012, 04:03 AM
I got a warning a while back. No idea why. Blank message, saying I got a warning.

I also do not appreciate my posts that I make being moved into a different post with my original post being deleted.

Cryptic employees should moderate the forums. This is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 140
03-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkie7979 View Post
I got a warning a while back. No idea why. Blank message, saying I got a warning.

I also do not appreciate my posts that I make being moved into a different post with my original post being deleted.

Cryptic employees should moderate the forums. This is ridiculous.
The empty warning issue is something Branflakes addressed earlier in this thread, it's a bug, infact I've heard instances of this happening way before this moderation program came about. Eitherway it's actually got nothing to do with the moderators themselves.

Threads getting merged is very common practice when there is a popular subject to debate (and one thats been present on many forums for many years). Usually what happens is the thread with the most decriptive title, or thread with most constructive discussion gets chosen and all threads get merged into it. Original posts are not deleted when a thread is merged, they just appear where the relevent date stamp place it. This is actually quite important because it places all the feedback in one place, making it easier for the developers to read about and address the issue.
Closed Thread