Lt. Commander
# 1 Personal comm pad idea.
03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Was thinking of an item which could either be a cstore item, vet reward, or a mission reward.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who hates running around stations, just to change ship, shop, or change my uniform, all of this should be accessible via a central, or single computer station

So given that such a thing hasn't been put in since the game's launch, I can only assume PW is happy with people getting RSI running from one room to another

So why not offer a personal com pad idea, which only works in stations, but allows access to a select list of options (perhaps customizable by the user), such as exchange, ship change, ship design, costume change, bank etc.

You'd still have to go to a station to access the device, but gawd, I'd pay money for something like that. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 10:28 AM
you do know that if you allready have the uniforms made you can change outfit by right clicking your avatar info window where your picture floats on the screen and choosing change outfits?

this does only work for outfits allready made at a taylor but would leave visiting the tailor to making new uniforms and adjusting current ones.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
It's a good and certainly convenient idea, but it would diminish the use and need for social hubs in the game, something a MMORPG is not likely to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 10:35 AM
It would lead to 75 lifeless zombies standing at the beam in point of the station. I'd rather see people move about.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
What I would rather see is an iPad or Android app that functions as a PADD and allows you to do simple things, like manage DOFF assignments, check and reply to messages, and perhaps even allow you to manage your Exchange sales from outside the game. Said app could also be run in tandem with your STO login, so you could literally review the aforementioned data while autopiloting between sectors, etc. I would gladly pay many Cryptic points for such an app.

Is this something that CBS has said no to? I think that's what I heard on one of the podcasts, but I can't remember for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
What I would rather see is an iPad or Android app that functions as a PADD and allows you to do simple things, like manage DOFF assignments, check and reply to messages, and perhaps even allow you to manage your Exchange sales from outside the game. Said app could also be run in tandem with your STO login, so you could literally review the aforementioned data while autopiloting between sectors, etc. I would gladly pay many Cryptic points for such an app.

Is this something that CBS has said no to? I think that's what I heard on one of the podcasts, but I can't remember for sure.
They have to figure out a way to charge you for it and then a way for you not to share it with your friends. What they know will happen is they design it, stick it up for purchase, and a few people will buy it and the rest will just go download a torrent of it.

Until they can secure it to ensure maximum profit - they won't bother. Once they design a way to link the purchase to a authorization of use on your account (to refuse those who didn't buy it from logging into their account) then you may see it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vironica View Post
They have to figure out a way to charge you for it and then a way for you not to share it with your friends. What they know will happen is they design it, stick it up for purchase, and a few people will buy it and the rest will just go download a torrent of it.

Until they can secure it to ensure maximum profit - they won't bother. Once they design a way to link the purchase to a authorization of use on your account (to refuse those who didn't buy it from logging into their account) then you may see it.
Blizzard does this, im sure cryptic can. The fact link it to your account, if ur a gold member you can log into this app, this app would allow u to manage ur inventory, character, Boff training (IF youve been offline for 1 hour) Echange ( cant be used while onine) mail, and DOFFs (U can change sectors but u have to wait 5 minutes to change sectors and they have to be Intersecting sectors, cant go from ESD to Bajor) and chat.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
Was thinking of an item which could either be a cstore item, vet reward, or a mission reward.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who hates running around stations, just to change ship, shop, or change my uniform, all of this should be accessible via a central, or single computer station

So given that such a thing hasn't been put in since the game's launch, I can only assume PW is happy with people getting RSI running from one room to another

So why not offer a personal com pad idea, which only works in stations, but allows access to a select list of options (perhaps customizable by the user), such as exchange, ship change, ship design, costume change, bank etc.

You'd still have to go to a station to access the device, but gawd, I'd pay money for something like that. :p
Some of this can be added to the bridge. Letting us edit our outfits and bank space should be easy to do. I can understand needing a Space dock to edit and change ships, other then shuttles and we can all ready do that from the bridge.