Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Al said not that long ago that PW didn't like selling too many things that make you re-level.

I'm going to toss a weird idea out there, though. We got a glimpse of Cardassian politics with the Galors and the Cardassian diplomat in the Featured Episode. We know KDF and Fed are both getting "normal" Cardassian DOffs in the next DOff expansion. And the art is there aside from haircut variety, which many species are lacking in.

What if one of the standard rewards for the new FE series is the ability to roll a Cardassian?

We know that many are now loyal to the Federation but they seem antsy about not being allowed to have a military... and so I could see a payoff to this FE series being BOTH massive waves of Cardassians entering Starfleet to reinforce the Federation's efforts to reinforce Cardassia and many disgruntled Cardassians looking to the KDF as their new protector, particularly as a payoff to all this spy work the Klingons are doing in the series and as something the Klingon Empire might allow both to destabilize the Feds in the area and, in sincerity, out of disgust for the Feds denying Cardassians the right to defend themselves in battle.

The situation isn't THAT unlike some real ones. For example: Japan. They were denied a standing army for years but I believe they were invited to cooperate in Iraq. Iceland may be an even better example. They have no military but they do participate in NATO and Icelandic citizens can join the Norwegian military.

I think it would also spike chance box sales to release "official" Cardassians now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vironica View Post
I will actually raise my eyebrow when they announce a new player faction as that would include faces, ships, quests, etc. They have starved this game of content for so long that some of you wet yourselves when the simplest of visual content is dumped in the store as if the game has been turned on it's head.
There is already at least one new playable faction in the works: Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, sounds interesting. Lets hope we aren't charged for these.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Lets hope we aren't charged for these.
Not sure if serious?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vironica View Post
Not sure if serious?
Are you trying to tell me that it's so likely they'll be put in the c-store that I'd be fool If I thought otherwise? Q_Q.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Hmmm, sounds interesting. Lets hope we aren't charged for these.
I would be EXTREMELY shocked if they were free. In all seriousness the game is F2P now and I would expect any major additions, like new ships and species to be C-store items.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that it's so likely they'll be put in the c-store that I'd be fool If I thought otherwise? Q_Q.
seeing as the thread started as playable races not factions, yeh if it's added it'll be to the c-store
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Only if they get an insane damage boost while in exploration clusters. :p
Racial TRAITS FTW!

Lt. Commander
# 19
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
I would be EXTREMELY shocked if they were free. In all seriousness the game is F2P now and I would expect any major additions, like new ships and species to be C-store items.
Hmmm. Here's my grumpy grump grumpness on THAT subject:

They made ferengi and pakled and regielians all FREE and part of the response I got from Stormshade and Customer Support at the time when asking straight up for some sort of compensation for having bought those races was that playable races were going to be something they got away from as C-Store items.

Seems like everything they said back then ended up being the opposite of what they do.

Game not going Free To Play? Hah, no, it is.
C-Store prices going down? Nah, up.
Dilithium fixing the economy? Nah, not really.
Getting away from charging people to play new races because most of the ones we made didn't sell well at all? Nope, new playable races coming soon, most likely as something you buy!

I'm just going to try my best not to think at all about the fact that almost all the races I bought went free (I also have joined Trill from a box purchase). It really just grinds my gears when I think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
There is already at least one new playable faction in the works: Klingons.
and its SLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW work evidently.