Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I'm not sure if we've ever provided patch notes for pre-patching, since there is nothing in-game that is changed by it at the time of pre-patch. Patch notes for the user-facing updates usually get posted the day before, or the day of, the actual update.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This thought amuses the hell out of me, Bran. It would be like introducing a temporal cold war to STO, because you'd have people whining about balance changes before the patch was even in effect.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
There was a lot of grumbling last week when people were trying to get the new FE patch. There were so many people hitting the download patcher at the same time that it caused a log jam and people were talking a very long time to get the new patch. So Cryptic threw some of it into a pre-patch to try and cut down on the size of the file for the upcoming patch.
I'm kinda guessing this is what the pre-patch is as well, makes sence to get the bulk of the new FE stuff pre-patched before the weekend rush afterall
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2012, 03:03 AM
Uhh, now that you gave GPL rewards to the KDF DOFF assignments, could you give a few for us poor feds too? :)

Edit: You see, i can't be bothered with going back to the Dabo tables for more GPL, and it seems as if though half of the trade assignments want to trade GPL for *insert random commodity here :)*, while the other half demands EC :(

Edit edit: Also, Suricata, what do you mean? That this patch today is just a prepatch for the 4th FE or something? :confused:

Edit edit edit: One more thing (not entirely subject-related though): I recently made a ticket on the subject, but i feel more comfortable making a forum post about it too...I want to change my KDF character to be a science officer (i just MISS my medic kit, made me feel indestructible) without losing the Bortas that came with it (and preferably also without losing everything else i got for that dear captain :))...I'd probably even grind up some dilithium to get enough cryptic points to BUY a class change if it meant saving all my progress D:

P.S. Why not make ships like these (Galor and Bugship included) open on the ACCOUNT level? I feel rather sad about even considering making new characters if they can't have my precious unique ships (my precioussss ;))

Special Edit: Disabled smilies due to overusage