Lt. Commander
# 1 Carrier pets?
03-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Ive just begun using the carrier and with the new commands it seemed like the carrier pets worked like a charm.

But then i got to the bird of prey pets.
they seem stupid as beep el i bop...

the fighters do as they are told tho.

So im wondering if anyone else is having issues with the carrier pet ai or if im just doing something wrong.

Im also wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the most out of the pets.
ither by skill setup, or usage of them.

Aka, can i tell my fighters to attack target A while i attack target B ?

not sure if this make any sence at all, but i hope someone can understand what im looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 04:55 AM
I tried a carrier out properly for the first time last night, and although I think I may've put a decent build together, the AI of pets is frustrating. They refuse to recall, and upon exiting combat went to assist another ship without my asking to. This meant although cloaked, he was surrounded by plenty that wasn't, and neither of us were too amused.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 12:02 PM
The AI of the Vo’Quv Bird of Prey is broken beyond all sense of the word and has been so for about 6 months now (perhaps longer)

The fact that the BOP are still broken greatly upsets me has the BOP are my favorite of all of the Carriers Deployable craft.

Not have fully functioning BOP greatly hinders the VO’Quv DPS and forces you to shell out some cash if you what suitable BOP replacement craft.

I stopped using the BOP and Duaj fighter completely on my VO’Quv and went with the S’Kul fighter and the Marauder Shuttle.

I’ve noticed that most of the C-Store Carrier Deployable have little to no problems following commands except for attacking large stationary targets. (The Orion Fighters seem to be able to hit everything)

I can’t help but believe that if the VO’Quv was a C-Store ship we’d have little to no problems at all with; however, since it’s a stock ship, its problems are always put on the back burner.

I tokened the Kar’Fi on my KDF Tac and it pains me to say that it’s far superior to the VO’Quv in all aspects except for tanking.

The Kar’Fi’s S’Kull Fighters and Frigate are quite powerful and follow most commands without fail.

When they were functioning 100% the VO’Quv’s BOP were hands down the best of all the Carriers Deployable Craft, they had decent damage and nice burst damage coming out of cloak (I miss them)

The +1 Bortas is rumored to have its own support BOP craft, with luck its AI can be used for the VO’Quv BOP has well.