Lt. Commander
I've recently returned to the game and thanks to the new DOFF mechanism have a bunch of new BOFFs queued up. Is there any value in switching my old standby one with them? For example do the ground traits stack, so an all Human group would have pounds of Leadership when clustered?

I've heard repeatedly that the only BOFF skill that matters/works is efficient. Is that true?

Thanks for any advice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
ground is easy enough where traits dont mater, efficent is pretty useless now too... Traits dont mater, tho efficent is better then 0, ground, boffs AI isnt good enough for traits to mater much
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 11:16 PM
For space, there are only 2 boff passsives: Leadership and Efficient.
Leadership is supposed to increase the passive regen of the hull by 20%, but looks like it isn't really working. I have 4 boff with this passive, plus the captain, which would give me +100%, but the ship has 113% hull repair...
Efficient adds to your Warp Core Efficiency, and works from there. If you have power markers at or over 75, this won't matter.

For ground.... well, take 2 medics and at least 1 fabrication engineer with you and that's about it. You can safely choose whatever passives you feel like choosing for them. Resilient is good, so is Telepathic, and their variants (limited, superior).
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 12:48 AM
I think it would be nice if your first officer traits had a more significant impact. For example, the Leadership trait, if your Boff has leadership and you make them your first officer, you get a 10% additional bonus to whatever, so in the case of Leadership, it would be 22% repair speed. I agree this doesn't seem to be working anyway. But it would be nice if your choice of first officer actually made any difference.

Short answer to the OP, in space, they are totally irrelevant. In ground, they are 'somewhat' helpful, but by no means gamechanging
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Appreciate the feedback. Back in the day I never understood the drive to always have purple, and it sounds like it really is a minor difference now, be they purple or whatever. Considering I have all human and one Klingon, I think I may just swap in some of these fun new purple and blue aliens and andorians to get some flavor and jettison the humans. I'll have a nicely diverse cast
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perji
For space, there are only 2 boff passsives: Leadership and Efficient.
Leadership is supposed to increase the passive regen of the hull by 20%, but looks like it isn't really working. I have 4 boff with this passive, plus the captain, which would give me +100%, but the ship has 113% hull repair...
Read one of the patch notes that said that the hull regen doesn't stack. So if you have one human you're good.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenlik View Post
Read one of the patch notes that said that the hull regen doesn't stack. So if you have one human you're good.
Why the hell should I be reading patch notes for two years back.
Isn't it easier to just ******n write it on the friggin skill DOES NOT STACK

Seriously...